Safe to say honeycomb for us?

Honeycomb?

• Total voters

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think so. Phone released with 2.2, honeycomb coming VERY soon and the added bonus of HTC supporting phones very well I think its only a matter of time. Whats your take on the subject?

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think we might get 2.3 and that's definitely it. Was 2.3 formally "promised" for the Shift?

Mfrs and carriers have *zero* incentive to provide updates to phones because that cuts into sales of new devices and plan extensions. The only exceptions to this in my mind are phones for which an update is promised (looking at the Galaxy S owners on 2.1).

But I'm a skeptic by nature. :)

AdamR

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Umm, honeycomb is only for tablets. Even if there is a ported Rom, I think there are many things that would require a larger screen, like the notifications.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Forget Honeycomb.. I want gingerbread cookies

Meh 2.3 offers very little. Honeycomb on the other hand offers so much!

Umm, honeycomb is only for tablets. Even if there is a ported Rom, I think there are many things that would require a larger screen, like the notifications.

heh yea, AdamR, i was about to say the exact same thing. Honeycomb is only for tablets.

Sure honeycomb has some features geared more towards tablets like the buttons, but still going to head for smartphones as well. They was to try and lessen fragmentation, and making a fragmentation in their OS is counter productive. But then again I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt come out for smartphones.