apps to help with battery life

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I was using a free app that's ad supported and I keep seeing one that asks if u want better battery life just download this app. So my question is do they really work and if so what do they do?
Next time I see the ad I'll pay attention to what it was called and post it here cuz i don't recall right now.

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site
most apps that claim to help with battery and/or task killers generally do more harm than good....i find the shift in particular has excellent battery life, especially compared to some other android phones running sense....the only app (well widget really) i recommend is the SMODA widget from the market....its just a simple one-click button to turn off mobile data (3g) when not needed...you can still make phone calls and send texts without 3g on [not mms though you would need to turn data back on], but of course if you want to browse the web or android market or something you would need to turn it back on....this will help with battery a lot...some other tips to help are to turn off auto-sync in the settings or at least lower the sync time so it doesnt do it as often, keep wi-fi, 4g and gps off when not necessary and keep your screen brightness as low as possible but you can still see the screen comfortably....also when the phone is searching for a signal that eats up a lot of battery as well and I recommend updating your PRL and profile to see if that helps or switching to airplane mode when youre in an area with bad signal for an extended period of time [of course you will have zero data or phone calls/sms this way....basically turns all the radios off].....other than that the only thing left pretty much would be to root which will allow you to do many things such as remove bloatware that sprint wont let you uninstall out of the box, install custom roms/kernels and overclock the processor undervolt the battery, all of which can have varying effects on battery life...hope this helped!

Reactions: kristi

Kathy145

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am a new Android user in general and I just purchased my Shift last Friday. That being said I read about "Green Power Free" in a thread and have been trying it out for the last four days. Before Green Power my fully charged battery would be dead by 10/11 a.m. Now, I am a HEAVY user and that needs to be said. However, I really don't intend to change my phone habits. I got the phone to use it. With Green Power my battery lasts the whole day. It has been a 180 Degree difference.

Admittedly, I have not researched all that this app does. I know it seems to control how often data streams and my systems are synced. It has settings you can manipulate to your liking. I have noticed a slight email delay. All of this, so far, is really worth it to me. As long I don't have to have my phone plug in consistently.

I hope this helps.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC provides some great widgets for turning on and of GPS, 3G, 4G, etc. I highly recommend them. The only program I have to get better battery life is a brightness widgets that allows me to keep the phone at 25% brightness inside and switch to whatever percentage I need elsewhere.

I turned off "Data Always On" and use WiFi at home for better battery life and easily get 15 hours a day with a fair amount of usage and games. I'm at 15 hours and 22% after playing a game for nearly an hour earlier and talking for 45 minutes or more on bluetooth.

In the end I think that just learning which settings work best for you is far better than any app.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The solution to a better battery life isn't available in the Android market... It's your phone charger - Simple easy steps. (1) Plug/Connect the USB wall charger to any electrical output. (2) Connect the USB cable to the device. (3) Make sure the device is charging while using. {Viola}-->- Now you don't even need an app for that. O:)

Reactions: fwv3232