Check out this Quadrant score

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I know its just a bench mark but as a simple frame of reference it works well. With my current setup this is a common score that I am getting.

snap20110220_195816.png

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its fun to pump up the Quadrant scores but for every day use you don't need it that fast. The Kernel I am using comes with Smartass so for every day use I throttle it down to 1.5mhz and turn on Smartass to save battery so to answer your question there is a notifiable difference but its not worth the battery hit. MikeFroyo is smoking fast without wasting the battery.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No its not its it was made by a guy calls himself Scary you can find him on the IRC just ask he will give it to you.

>>>----Beep---Beep---Speedy---Beep--->

I think he has a thread on xda now. I tried almost every kernel v1. 5th and up (which he told me was the right Kernel for CM7) but for some reason none of them agree with my phone. It either froze up or wouldn't get past the HTC screen. I haven't tried doing a wipe first, they may be my issue.

Edit: finally got it flash and seems pretty stable so far

Last edited:

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
How is the battery life with all that power? I mean my god....that is fast. I am running Mikshift with the 1.5 kernel in OP. I am running at 1268 and getting 1550 to 1600 quadrants. I am hesitant to crank it up too much, can't afford to replace my Shift.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
How is the battery life with all that power? I mean my god....that is fast. I am running Mikshift with the 1.5 kernel in OP. I am running at 1268 and getting 1550 to 1600 quadrants. I am hesitant to crank it up too much, can't afford to replace my Shift.

I just did it for the Quadrant scores I don't run it like that all the time would be like running a Vett on Nitrous all the time...lol

I installed Mikes shift today and I am running it on the Stock kernel for now I want to see how it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital