I'm Am Permanently Rooted Now

Muscle Master#AC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay guys..

I am permanently rooted now.. wish I could have done it on my Macbook Pro.. lol I had to go dust off one of the old netbook's with XP

Okay.. Before I start customizing my shift, I still have the slightest idea how too get rid of bloatware!!!

BTW.. since I'm rooted now, what are some cool things I can do with my phone now? This is still my first android device so ima rookie:D

Muscle Master#AC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay..

I have a issue, in the the recovery guide.. with steps 1-3

Now I downloaded the "PG06IMG" zip file.. now when I try to move the file to the root of my sd card (I assume that means just move it to the sd card)

so i boot into boot loader and nothings happens

Now do I extract the zip to the sd card.. I tried that too and nothings happens

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Do not extract the zip just put it on the sd care it cant be in any other file or folder like the download file for example that will mess things up. Just put it in the root directory that is the directory that is the first step in when you open the SD card. When you boot in to boot loader you will see on the screen it will scan for the PG06IMG file then it was say press up volume button to install do that. It will only take a few seconds then say press power to reboot or something like that.

Also make sure you unplug your phone from your PC and make sure the SD card mounts to the phone before interning boot loader.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Of coarse you did you are the Music Master...lol

Did you do a backup? To backup go in to boot loader then chose recovery from the list this will take you to the green screen. One of the items in the list will be backup and restore do a backup here. You will return here to restore the restore files will be listed in chronological order. You can find these backups in the clockworks file on your SD card.

Now to remove bloatware. Go to Menu>Settings>Applecations>Manage applications and uninstall what ever you don't want. If you uninstall something it is gone forever. I would recommend you install a custom ROM it will give you more access to easily remove Bloatwarte this is the ROM I am running:

NFX-Shift STOCK 1.17.651.1 PNG optimized/zipaligned deodexed updated 2/6 - xda-developers

It is fast smooth it can be themed and if you want to Over Clock it runs well with the available kernels

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Bloatware is the Sprint software that no one ever uses like Sprint TV, and Telenav. As for rooting and bricking your phone I have never header of anyone bricking there phone trying to root. The biggest thing about rooting is you are breaking your warranty. Main thing is just fallow the instructions if you run in to a problem post your questions we will help if we can. Don't get me wrong you could possibly brick your phone but you would have to.... well I'm not sure what you would have to do because as far as I know no one has ever bricked there EVO **** while trying to root.

Muscle Master#AC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Of coarse you did you are the Music Master...lol

Did you do a backup? To backup go in to boot loader then chose recovery from the list this will take you to the green screen. One of the items in the list will be backup and restore do a backup here. You will return here to restore the restore files will be listed in chronological order. You can find these backups in the clockworks file on your SD card.

Now to remove bloatware. Go to Menu>Settings>Applecations>Manage applications and uninstall what ever you don't want. If you uninstall something it is gone forever. I would recommend you install a custom ROM it will give you more access to easily remove Bloatwarte this is the ROM I am running:

NFX-Shift STOCK 1.17.651.1 PNG optimized/zipaligned deodexed updated 2/6 - xda-developers

It is fast smooth it can be themed and if you want to Over Clock it runs well with the available kernels

Thanx for all your help Big D.. I owe you a beer

How do I install the rom? and I think I'll keep sense.. I like it alot

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Bloatware is the Sprint software that no one ever uses like Sprint TV, and Telenav. As for rooting and bricking your phone I have never header of anyone bricking there phone trying to root. The biggest thing about rooting is you are breaking your warranty. Main thing is just fallow the instructions if you run in to a problem post your questions we will help if we can. Don't get me wrong you could possibly brick your phone but you would have to.... well I'm not sure what you would have to do because as far as I know no one has ever bricked there EVO **** while trying to root.

ah alright i gotcha, thanks i'm probably gonna try to do it night after i eat and get a bigger sd card than the 2 gb

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanx for all your help Big D.. I owe you a beer

How do I install the rom? and I think I'll keep sense.. I like it alot

Pick you a ROM there are a few good ones over on the XDA most have Sense like the one I listed above. Download the ROM put it on your SD card then boot to the Recovery screen. Pick from the list "install zip from sd" card then "Chose Zip" pick the ROM Zip and then chose yes the ROM will load.

When changing from ROM to ROM it is always goog to do a factory reset, wipe the Cache partition, and the Delvic cache these choices are all choices from the Recovery screen. To wipe delvic you will have to chose advanced from the list then delvic will be in the advanced choices. Keep in mind that you are doing a clean wipe of the system so after the ROM is installed you will be back to a factory fresh phone so make sure to backup all your apps and stuff. You might want to look in to Titanium backup it is the way to go if you are going to be flashing a bunch of ROMs get it in the Android market its free.

rsvees

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why you didn't do it on your Mac. It's actually easier since you don't have to install the HTC tools.

Analog

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget, bloatware is in the eye of the beholder sometimes. In my case, I kept Telenav because I use it and like it, and I'm paying for it anyway. And I removed all Twitter and Facebook apps because I don't use those social networks, but many would probably want to keep them.

Point being, think carefully about what you remove.