will we be getting gingerbread anytime soon?

kristi

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Just curios since some other HTC devices seem to be getting them. Also curious about the new version of sense, are our devices available for it?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope so to gingerbread would be great but I would rather have the new Sense. GB will get hacked at some point but the new Sense has to come from HTC to work rite. Keeping me fingers crossed for both though.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping for this as well. I tried flashing the GB keyboard I have on my Evo to my wife's new Shift (she loves the GB keyboard on mine) but I get FCs.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make sense for the Shift to be updateable and not get an update. It would be a huge fail on HTC's and Sprint's part that to happen. It might however get the 2.4 update instead of the 2.3 update since Google has plans to release the 2.4 update soon.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I'm brand new to Evo Shift, what is Gingerbread? :)

Thanx for your patience while I 'learn'.

Leslie

Gingerbread is a newer version of the Android OS (Operating System). The Shift is currently running Android 2.2 or Froyo, Gingerbread would be an update to 2.3

LeslieS

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool! thanx for the info. I'm still learning the phone, lots I'm trying to figure out still, haven't found my questions here yet, but will keep on searchin'

Thanx so much.

:D

Leslie

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
i rather have ice cream instead of gingerbread to be honest. and ha honycomb isn't coming to phones i don't think. i thought that was a tablet thing only

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't think honeycomb will be available on phones. From what I understand Ice Cream is suppose combine aspects from both gingerbread and honeycomb.

Honestly like a previous poster said, I'm hoping for the new sense more than anything.

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't think honeycomb will be available on phones. From what I understand Ice Cream is suppose combine aspects from both gingerbread and honeycomb.

Honestly like a previous poster said, I'm hoping for the new sense more than anything.

what is the new sense? i tried find a video of it but i can't find one

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just wish google would come up with better names for their updates! Lol gingerbread? Honeycombe? Ice cream? It sounds like someones hungry if you ask me :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon