Not prompted for passcode when sliding out keyboard

sb65

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
As reported on this and other Evo Shift forums, there is a bug where if you have your "Lock Phone After" security setting to 3,5,10,15 etc minutes and slide out the keyboard to "wake up" your phone after the time has expired, you are not prompted to enter your passcode/pin. I tried various "lock after" times and it does not matter if I wait 1 minute after or 30 mins after -- as soon as you slide out the keyboard, your phone is wide open. This has happened to me on 2 Evo Shifts, and HTC support is able to replicate it. The issue has been reported and will supposedly be addressed in a future software version push.

The only work around I have found is to set the phone to lock immediately. You are then prompted for your pass code as expected when you wake up the phone by sliding open the keyboard.

Last edited:

karnoff

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
i do not have this problem. I have my pattern lock set for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes if i slide out the keyboard, up comes the lockscreen pattern. No trouble whatsoever.

sb65

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I tried it with the pattern as well as PIN and the result is the same. This is my 2nd Evo Shift and both have had this problem.

Heifzilla

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this intermittently. Sometimes I get the passcode screen, sometimes I don't. And there's no rhyme or reason to it as far as I can see. It doesn't bug me *that* much since I can lock apps with senstive info but I do hope they fix it at some point.

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO Shift