Sprint Pre to the Evo Shift - A Few Questions

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks.

Just switched yesterday from a Sprint Pre to the Evo Shift.

I'm a huge fan of the Pre and WebOS, but for a number of reasons, I had to make the change. So far, I'm liking the Shift but of course, having to adjust to some of the differences.

Some questions:

1. RSS Feeds

I'm not able to get it to read my Google Feeds and I can't figure out why. I've tried two feed readers (Google Reader and gReader). I'm sure there's just a setting somewhere I need to change, but both apps installed and said they linked by my account, but both show no feeds.

I feel foolish, but if someone could just point me in the right direction on that, it'd be a big help. Thanks.

2. Expenses

For my job, I need to track expenses for reimbursement. It's mostly mileage and parking, with a few other miscellaneous incidentals. I like to generate a report and e-mail/submit it at the end of each month.

I looked in the Market and there seem to be a bazillion choices.

Any insight or recommendations? Thank you.

3. iTunes

Is there a way to listen to my iTunes on the Shift? Recommendations?

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
1. Sorry, I can't help you with. I use google listen which uses reader for RSS feeds for podcasts, and it was a pain, but once it is set up, it works fine.

2. Welcome to android. choices, choices, choices. Remeber you have a 15 minute refund window if you buy an app you don't like.

3. Doubletwist.

Reactions: jayhay312

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This is a first for me to read a post like this and I cant answer any of your questions... :( I don't do any of those things o_O The guys will help you out and I'll just say welcome to the AC post up we will help if we can.

:cool: Dave

wv06

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks.

Some questions:

1. RSS Feeds

I'm not able to get it to read my Google Feeds and I can't figure out why. I've tried two feed readers (Google Reader and gReader). I'm sure there's just a setting somewhere I need to change, but both apps installed and said they linked by my account, but both show no feeds.

I feel foolish, but if someone could just point me in the right direction on that, it'd be a big help. Thanks.

Download Google Listen from the App Store, That is the Google made RSS reader from Google Labs- You can download from the RSS feed similar to Dr. Podder on Pre/ Also "Stitcher" is the best podcast app for streaming but it will not download as far as I can tell (I am also new from pre and still figuring out some of this stuff) Both Apps are free- you will find a better selection of free apps on here then we had on WebOS

2. Expenses

For my job, I need to track expenses for reimbursement. It's mostly mileage and parking, with a few other miscellaneous incidentals. I like to generate a report and e-mail/submit it at the end of each month.

I looked in the Market and there seem to be a bazillion choices.

Any insight or recommendations? Thank you.

I cant help you here exactly but I have to have financial calculators on hand at all times for my job and Andriod had a wide selection of free ones that were as good or better then ones I paid 5 or more for on WebOS, I suggest downloading the highest rated and delete the ones you dont like..again try going free apps first

3. iTunes

Is there a way to listen to my iTunes on the Shift? Recommendations?
The music player works great, convert your songs and move them to the shift

I am new from the Pre as well and so far to me
Phone Buld = Evo Shift
OS = WebOS
Social Integration = WebOS/Pre
Apps = Android Market
App Dev Support = Android
Battery Life = Tie

jjeffcoat

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
For RSS feeds I use Pulse reader.

For podcasts, I used to use drPodder, but haven't found anything I like as well. Currently using an app called Hapi Podcast.

cooknn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I came from webOS as well, and am becoming very fond of the soft keys. Instead of always backswiping, I just press a button. For context sensitive options rather than swiping down I press menu. And if I just want to be surprised I long press. In mail for example, if you long press a message you get all the options you need including "Move to Folder". I'm loving it.

Peaty

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I did the switch from a Pre too this past week. I keep swiping to delete still. I have to say, I'm also liking the Switch quite a bit. While I do miss the WebOS I'm getting over it quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton