white screen green htc logo

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded more than just the battery widget. All this money I paid for this phone and a phone bill I should be able to download anything and have no problem. Its not that bad but it just gets annoying. It hasn't done it since I uninstalled the htc battery widget.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just like a computer you can't just install anything you want. Sometimes a program sucks and makes things crash or they don't get installed right and corrupts data.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah but all i've installed was all apps that people everybody uses. i'm not the type who's gonna root my phone or get 3rd party apps.

my apps are;
batterylife, tango, my days, amazon, jewels, ringdroid, shazam, pandora, angry birds rio, youtube, handcent, tweetcaster.

that is all i downloaded because i wanted no problems. it did it earlier today twice, i don't understand why this is happening on 2 phones that i've had.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
everything else thats on the phone is what came on the phone.

1st home scree is google search and the power control widget
2nd one is pandora widget, google talk, shazam, youtube and flashlight app shortcut,
3rd- mobile & wifi widget, gallery, internet, camcorder and camera apps shortcut
4th- regular htc sense clock and weather widget that came on my phone. the battery widget, go chat (another app) and handcent shortcup
5th- music and market widget, both came with phone
6th- tweetcaster widget and friend stream post widget
7th- friend stream widget,

so idk what u can say. i just got the phone yesterday around like 5:30 brand new, it shouldn't be doing this. i haven't downloaded nothing that should cause a problem cuz all these apps i've had on previous phones. i don't understand why i keep having this problem :-/

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'd for one just try cutting down on a few widgets, you have a few that overlap. That is probably not the issue this phone is pretty strong...though one can never know. Trouble shooting is sometimes taking a shot in the dark.

I'd also try removing the BatteryLife and Tango and see if that helps. HTC Sense comes with a battery widget.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but when I went to uninstall that battery widget it did it and the htc one is too small. I had tango on my last shift and it started way after I downloaded that. Its not fair that I gotta uninstall apps and take widgets down that I use.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
no, i heard that messes up phones, is that true? it just did it again when i was playing angry birds and clicked to go back home

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah a task killer can cause issues. In this case it could be closing sense because for some reason it think you're not using it.

When you say "clicked to go back home" are you just playing the game then in the middle of it clicking the little home button (the house)? Do you do this often?

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just writing someone with gochat, wasn't even on the app 2 mins and it did it again. I am going to call sprint and see what they can do. I don't want to keep getting exchanges though. Getting so pissed

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok! I think I know the issue!

Pressing the home button while in many applications keeps them running in the background. Especially games like angry birds and the like, which just pauses the game for a period of time and leaves it running. If you are doing this for every program you are probably leaving too many programs running in the background and thus eating up all your ram and causing sense to force close. Make sure you use the back button or the menu to actually exit programs.

You can of course leave somethings running while you go to do something else for a second, such as I'll click home to leave Angry Birds running while I answer a txt. But leaving too many programs just running can cause issues.

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Pressing the home button while in many applications keeps them running in the background. Especially games like angry birds and the like, which just pauses the game for a period of time and leaves it running. If you are doing this for every program you are probably leaving too many programs running in the background and thus eating up all your ram and causing sense to force close. Make sure you use the back button or the menu to actually exit programs.

You can of course leave somethings running while you go to do something else for a second, such as I'll click home to leave Angry Birds running while I answer a txt. But leaving too many programs just running can cause issues.

that makes sense, so do i click the back until it exits out? or what now?

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
he reset the phone and said for me to download apps slowly to see if it was one of the apps. I really hope it works now. Sorry if i sounded mean to anyone, was just really aggravated lol. thanks for all your help.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That is the usual easy answer, a hard reset.

It depends on the program. But yeah for example lets use Angry Birds...
You are playing the game and in a level. Hitting back, menu or pause brings up the pause screen. From here you can hit back again, or the list button to back to the level select screen, then hit back again and back again on the main screen. At this point it asks if you want to quit and you click yes. This actually exits the program, hitting home just leaves the game running in the background and while I've had it close before after an extended period of time like this; it still for that period of time using resources for no reason. Doing this with enough apps will cause the ram to tank and things to force close.

It is in comparison to say using your computer and pausing a game then opening up a movie for 2 hours. You'll notice a slow down for sure and the computer will run harder, open something else and it will probably stall etc.

This may not be the answer and I could be way off base. But makes the most sense to me right now.

smartphoney

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Good thought, but this is the way I've been doing it (using the back button) and I often get the dreaded white screen "loading" delay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11