How to switch Google accounts without wipe?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I was messing around flashing and when I installed the Gapps I accidentally signed into my secondary Google account. So my question is, is there any way to switch the Google account that's tied to your phone without having to do a factory reset? I have everything backed up, I just don't really want to go through the trouble of wiping and restoring everything.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I was messing around flashing and when I installed the Gapps I accidentally signed into my secondary Google account. So my question is, is there any way to switch the Google account that's tied to your phone without having to do a factory reset? I have everything backed up, I just don't really want to go through the trouble of wiping and restoring everything.

I don't believe so no, your market will only allow you to access one Google account at a time and you can't remove the default Google account.

The good news is that all of he Google apps in Honeycome (including the Market) allow you to switch between Google accounts... but of course that wont help you now :(

Reactions: crump84

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.. after doing a little searching and trying a few different things, I've decided its not possible. At least I couldn't figure it out, went ahead and just did a factory reset.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk