"Paired not Connected" in truck

donnieR32

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I checked previous posts, but couldn't find anything relating to my issue.

I set the bluetooth to always recognize my truck...well everytime I get in the truck the phone says it's paired but not connected. With my old blackberry I could just turn the truck on and it would connect right to the phone.

What's the deal? How do i get my Shift to connect to my truck everytime I get in? I literally cannot use my bluetooth...it says it's on, but it's not doing anything.

DaWeav

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have not tried it, unpair and delete the truck from your phone by long pressing the device entry on the phone, and unpair and delete the phone entry from your truck. Then pair them back together and make and receive a call before turning the truck off. If that works, then turn the truck off and wait for the phone to show it is disconnected. Then turn the truck back on and see if it connects automatically now.

My 2005 Toyota takes about a minute or so after I turn the car on before I see the successful connection on the Navigation screen.

I also noticed that if my phone was connected to any other bluetooth 'handsfree' device (not a headset or A2DP stereo only device) before I start the car, then it sometimes never connects to the car. So, I can switch from bluetooth headset to the car, but I can't from another handsfree capable device since like your situation it just never connects if it was already connected to another 'handsfree' capable device before I turned on my car.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1