siedio or otterbox

mijku

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, this is my first post here at android forum. I just got a shift a little over a week ago. So far I am loving the phone. I am looking for a cover to help protect it. Which one is better - siedio or otterbox? I also like to keep the phone in my pocket so I need to keep it as thin as possible. On another note should I also get the phone insurance added to my sprint plan?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Seidio works just fine

Hello everyone, this is my first post here at android forum. I just got a shift a little over a week ago. So far I am loving the phone. I am looking for a cover to help protect it. Which one is better - siedio or otterbox? I also like to keep the phone in my pocket so I need to keep it as thin as possible. On another note should I also get the phone insurance added to my sprint plan?

I've had the Seidio Surface on my Shift since the day I got it and it works just fine. It's easy to install, and you hardly know it's there. Like you, I like to keep my phone in a pocket and the Seidio works just great. As to the insurance, it would be wise to add TEP (Total Equipment Protection). I've had it since it's been offered and have had occasion to use it to replace two BB 9650 Bolds; no charge for the replacements. And you can also sync your contacts and find your phone if lost or stolen, and more. It's worth the small cost, believe me. :-$

mijku

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses.

I think I will be getting the protection plan. I usually skip stuff like that but this phone is the most expensive one I have had and do not want to have to replace it out of pocket if something happens.

I am still on the fence with the case. I am leaning toward the seidio because it seems to be the slimmer of the two that I am considering.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I think I will be getting the protection plan. I usually skip stuff like that but this phone is the most expensive one I have had and do not want to have to replace it out of pocket if something happens.

I am still on the fence with the case. I am leaning toward the seidio because it seems to be the slimmer of the two that I am considering.

Sprint's TEP is well worth the money IMO..

You can't go wrong with the Seidio case, I've had one on mine since I got in January and it's still holding strong. I've actually dropped my phone several times ( once from about 8 feet on to concrete, almost lost my lunch) and only have one minor scratch on the bottom of the screen near the buttons.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the screen protector

Don't forget to spend an extra couple of bucks and get a couple of screen protectors. You can get the better ones for less than $12 (for 2). There are several types; anti-glare, mirror, privacy, etc. They're easy to install and they're surely worth the small cost.

chronic25

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the Innocase Active case with Holster and have been very pleased. It didn't add too much bulk for carrying in my pocket and I have the added benefit to holstering it for days I don't want it in my pocket. The Combo along with 2 Smartphone experts screen protectors totaled $60 and qualified for free shipping.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got nothing negative to say about the Seidio line of products. But, I keep my Shift all warm and snuggly in the protective womb of an Otterbox at all times. Pocket constriction was a main concern of mine as well but it hasn't been an issue. It's only $34.95. Plus, I found a coupon code that took 10% and made shipping free. tb0411u is the code that i used. It should still be active. It's worth a shot even if you decide to go with Seidio.

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Otterbox Commuter case (the only one they make for the shift) and i love it. However, it has flaps covering ALL ports including charger, and headphones. If you don't like flaps then don't get it. I do like how it covers the volume rocker and the power button. I can toss my phone onto a solid counter and not worry about it (which comes in handy where I work) the screen protector is easy to apply and completely covers the front of the phone. One of the little things that I liked is that it covers the htc and sprint logos (don't know why i like that so much.) Also the case is slanted down to the screen which is really comfortable and convenient when swiping down the notification bar. I previously used the Siedio active case/holster. The case itself is fine and protects the phone very well, but the holster was flimsy and snapped off the clip when i was getting out of my car (i wear the phone on my left side) The only thing i don't like about any of the cases is how the top half covers the CAPS lock and symbol lights, but that's not an option right now. Hope this information helped you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante