Evo shift ?

Axkiker

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Couple of quick questions..

#1 For some reason the1 button is not linked to my voice mail. Its calling the number of whomever owned the phone prior to me... How do I change that.

#2. I cant seem to send or receive picture texts... Any ideas

thanks

Axkiker

May 21, 2011
Visit site
No I have not... This phone have been flashed to a new carrier. Will performing a reset mess that up.

I have rooted and installed another radio in order to perform the changes... So I just want to make sure I dont screw anything up.

What is the process for a factory reset.

Thanks

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No I have not... This phone have been flashed to a new carrier. Will performing a reset mess that up.

I have rooted and installed another radio in order to perform the changes... So I just want to make sure I dont screw anything up.

Thanks

Not real sure if doing a factory reset will make you lose the flash but wouldn't think so, since that wouldn't effect your radio. The factory reset probably wont help your mms issue, its probably something that got messed up when flashing it over to another carrier. You could try loading a custom ROM and that MAY help with your mms issue.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Sprint the "1" key is programmed to the old owner's number because that's how you dial voicemail (you call your own mobile from your mobile). On mine the first 2 speed dials (VM and customer service) cannot be changed, but maybe on yours they can. Go to phone, menu, speed dial, and long press to see if an edit box pops up.

Otherwise a hard reset may fix that as it is probably drawn from the activation info elsewhere on your device.

Can't say if a hard reset will mess up anything else, though.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

Make sure you back up your apps to your SD card before you do anything, especially a hard reset.

Axkiker

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay I fixed the VM issue.. There is a way to go into the VM settings and change the number. Kinda so simple I guess most dont think about it.

Now I still have the pic text issue..... Any ideas.... Does sending pic texts require a data plan? I assume not since I have had other phones that would and didnt have a data plan.

Also my VM app doest work. I have voice mails that I can listen too but the app never registers them as coming in.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I imagine vm isn't working since you don't have service with Sprint...just a guess. You can always use Google voice.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

fwv3232

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you back up your apps to your SD card before you do anything, especially a hard reset.

A hard reset should fix you issue - with the mms issue it depends on the carrier how pictures are transmitted (ie via slideshow or actual picture attachment). Also, your ssid and phone number should have been flashed to the new phone and your info should have replaced the previous number...if the hard reset doesn't work, take it to your provider and have them reflash the phone. OR, with the Shift you have visual vm anyway, so there really is no need to dial in (except to set up the account for the first time).....

Otherwise, I would demand a new phone and install your information from scratch.

Axkiker

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay let me give a little more background..

I do have Sprint service. Only a voice and text plan. I dont have a reason to purchase data as im around wifi all the time. As far as the phone is concerned... Lets just say Sprint doesnt exactly know this is the phone im using. They think its a samsung seek :)

So now that that is out of the way lets get going. If I go with a hard rest do you think it will kill all of the work I did to get it working. (flashing etc)

How does the virtual VM work. Does it rely on the data network to retreive voicemail or is it pushed.

How does google voice work. From what I breifly read it relys on the voice mail to be pushed to your phone. Is that using data to do or could it be a way around needing to have data. I really liked what I read on google voice.

Thanks

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I'm curious to know why Sprint thinks your EVO Shift is a Samsung Seek. That could be the root cause of your problem. And if you do a hard reset, won't that tip them off to it not being a Samsung Seek?