Mandatory Voicemail Update won't load

chronic25

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a non-rooted EVO Shift and the Mandatory Voicemail Update won't load for me. I've made several attempts to update from the notification that won't go away from the top of my phone screen and each time I get a message of: "Sorry, there was a problem checking for an update." How do I finally get this update to work or remove the constant notification from my phone?

Bashiier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a non-rooted EVO Shift and the Mandatory Voicemail Update won't load for me. I've made several attempts to update from the notification that won't go away from the top of my phone screen and each time I get a message of: "Sorry, there was a problem checking for an update." How do I finally get this update to work or remove the constant notification from my phone?

it went away on my phone yesterday when i factory restored my phone hasnt come back u try using wi-fi to get update or 3g????

chronic25

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Tried both. I have access to Wifi at home and work. I've tried at both locations and when only 3G was connected. I've powered down the phone this morning and rebooted and tried again. Still no luck.

Davethebrewer

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

On my wife's Shift we had to turn off WiFi and then the update worked (can't remember where we found the solution).

Dave

chronic25

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
That did the trick

Sad that these forums came up with a solution better than HTC technical support. Thanks for the reply, for some reason, turning off WiFi did the trick.