WiFi with a proxy on EVO Shift - Help!

ohhaiguyz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I need to access the internet through a proxy server. I cannot find anywhere on the device under any settings to enter the information for the proxy server. Does this option not exist or am I just oblivious?

chinmas

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately, neither Evo Shifts or Android have any sort of proxy ability out of the box. I think there are some applications that might let you add something, but it generally requires root - which is a lot of trouble to go through for a proxy

Reactions: ohhaiguyz

buskE46

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Depending on your router, you might be able to force proxy for your phone on that side of things.

Google your routers model and "DHCP force proxy", you might come up with a solution there.

Reactions: ohhaiguyz

ohhaiguyz

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm living outside of the US for the next 7 months and was hoping to be able to use my phone with at least partial functionality. The WiFi at the school I'm at right now is proxy based and I don't have access to the router. Oh, well.

cidal

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Open default internet browser > Menu > More > Settings > Proxy Settings (2nd from bottom) > [Enable] > (Enter information)

"Digital Crack"

Last edited:
Reactions: ginglish