06-23-2011 09:25 AM
87 1234
tools
    Updated to GB on a stock Shift. Everything seemed to go ok except for my location./ My phone now seems to think I'm not in NYC anymore. Can anyone guess what could be causing it?
    06-16-2011 09:59 PM
    Does all the apps that work in Froyo still work on Gingerbread? Anyone notice in huge differences coming from Froyo?
    Everything works great...and faster.
    06-17-2011 01:36 AM
    Oh. And if you click on a shortcut to a built-in app on your home screen and get the message that "the app is not installed" or something along those lines, simply delete and recreate that shortcut. I had to do this with my shortcuts to People and Gallery.

Also had to clear Twitter's cache and force close it to get it working again, an issue reported by others.

I've also noticed that app2sd is a hell of a lot faster when pulling the database of apps. So there's that.
    06-17-2011 06:31 AM
    Also I could have sworn I posted something about this here...

Turns out having ClockwordMod Recovery installed *was* the issue.

Solution is to revert to a stock recovery image before upgrading.

Easiest way to flash a recovery image is to use something called "Flash Image GUI" (google it).

As for the original stock recovery image, I couldn't find it unofrtunately, but in a pinch, you can use the one from the HTC Gingerbread ROM. It's a .zip file with a long filename that I'm not pasting here :-) but you'll find it in /sdcard/download/. Within that .zip file you'll find something called "recovery.img"; extract that somewhere on the sdcard and you'll be able to point the Flash Image GUI to it.
    06-17-2011 06:38 AM
    Had to unroot with the zip program to get my update to work. Did a backup with MyBackup and went to re-install everything only to find no data was included with my apps (even though I did backup of apps w/data) and it will only let me install a couple of apps at a time otherwise MyBackup reboots.
    06-17-2011 09:03 AM
    Hope the devs come up with a new root method for all of you that decided to unroot... I've been running the stock rooted ROM since yesterday afternoon and haven't seen any issues. Waiting on this bad boy to get oc'ed

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    06-17-2011 09:36 AM
    Hope the devs come up with a new root method for all of you that decided to unroot... I've been running the stock rooted ROM since yesterday afternoon and haven't seen any issues. Waiting on this bad boy to get oc'ed

Yea I unfortunately jumped the gun and returned to stock and updated...I miss my root already
    06-17-2011 12:46 PM
    Updated a couple hours ago restarted phone and everything is fine. The best part I have to say THANK YOU GINGERBREAD FOR RUNNING SLACKER!!!!! my Slacker radio did not work at all after the last update and now it works again YAY
    06-17-2011 01:23 PM
    More Gingerbread bonuses, I was finally able to get Sync working with my work PC AND I finally got contacts linking between Gmail, Phone and Facebook! Sweet!

Although, I have to say, once I saw the video on Sense 3.0, I was all about finding a Root hack to get in on my Shift.
    06-17-2011 01:43 PM
    I don't see any of this stuff. Is that because we're using Sense?

Waiting on this bad boy to get oc'ed...
    As well.
    06-17-2011 03:29 PM
    I don't see any of this stuff. Is that because we're using Sense?
    Yeah, you don't see any of that because of the Sense overlay. That's the kind of things you see in AOSP ROMs.
    06-17-2011 03:37 PM
    Yeah, you don't see any of that because of the Sense overlay. That's the kind of things you see in AOSP ROMs.
    Hmmm. Sort of torn here. But if I can get a 1.8Ghz kernel to run Sense 3 on my Shift, I think I can live without a new keyboard
    06-17-2011 03:44 PM
    Hmmm. Sort of torn here. But if I can get a 1.8Ghz kernel to run Sense 3 on my Shift, I think I can live without a new keyboard
    You can get the Gingerbread keyboard from the market HERE There's a paid and free version.

An oc'ed Gingerbread Sense Kernel is coming... just have to be patient
    06-17-2011 04:09 PM
    I have 2 problems with it. First when customizing the backgrounds you don't get a preview with the HTC backgrounds. Second if I go to messages and hit menu>settings. It crashes. Force close. Tried to clear dalvik again, and cache partition. Tried to fix permissions, but still a no go.

Lastly netflix doesn't work for me anymore
    06-17-2011 05:18 PM
    I have 2 problems with it. First when customizing the backgrounds you don't get a preview with the HTC backgrounds. Second if I go to messages and hit menu>settings. It crashes. Force close. Tried to clear dalvik again, and cache partition. Tried to fix permissions, but still a no go.

Lastly netflix doesn't work for me anymore
    If your talking about the HTC wallpapers, they were working fine for me. Didn't test messaging (I use google voice) or netflix. Are you using x99's version?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
    06-17-2011 05:30 PM
    Anyone know of any issues with Exchange ActiveSync on a corporate account after the GB update?

Getting "exchange sync error - please update your password"
    06-17-2011 06:15 PM
    If your talking about the HTC wallpapers, they were working fine for me. Didn't test messaging (I use google voice) or netflix. Are you using x99's version?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
    yeah Im using the x99 version.

I had x99 kernel before, and even with the bone stock setup from the store my quandrant scores were higher. Might give the mik rom a try or go back to how I had it.
    06-17-2011 09:43 PM
    Guys help! I got so excited I am unrooted, but I can't seem to get the update. Keeps saying that there is no update available! I turned my phone off and on and still nothing. Can't get the update...

Seems like everyone else is able to get it. Any help?
    06-18-2011 09:43 PM
    Guys help! I got so excited I am unrooted, but I can't seem to get the update. Keeps saying that there is no update available! I turned my phone off and on and still nothing. Can't get the update...

Be sure to unplug your device from your computer.
    06-19-2011 02:31 AM
    Be sure to unplug your device from your computer.

Huh? I'm not connected to a computer...
    06-19-2011 09:10 AM

No, you're not alone, I can't get it either (totally stock). Seems we're the last two. I'm checking the update screen like a Xoom owner...
    06-19-2011 10:25 AM
    Well im just back from a gingerbread infused weekend and other then losing root I couldnt be happier! I got the popup friday morning and almost wet myself.

06-20-2011 08:11 AM
    No, you're not alone, I can't get it either (totally stock). Seems we're the last two. I'm checking the update screen like a Xoom owner...
    The "Official" update has been released today. So you should be able to get it now.
    06-20-2011 03:11 PM
    Mine is installing now!
    06-20-2011 09:02 PM
    I tried all day and finally called Sprint. They said they're having issues with it and couldn't tell me when it would be available to download...
    06-20-2011 10:07 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD