Gingerbread ota is now available!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Sort of torn here. But if I can get a 1.8Ghz kernel to run Sense 3 on my Shift, I think I can live without a new keyboard :confused:

You can get the Gingerbread keyboard from the market HERE There's a paid and free version.

An oc'ed Gingerbread Sense Kernel is coming... just have to be patient

Nunook

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 problems with it. First when customizing the backgrounds you don't get a preview with the HTC backgrounds. Second if I go to messages and hit menu>settings. It crashes. Force close. Tried to clear dalvik again, and cache partition. Tried to fix permissions, but still a no go.

Lastly netflix doesn't work for me anymore :'(

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 problems with it. First when customizing the backgrounds you don't get a preview with the HTC backgrounds. Second if I go to messages and hit menu>settings. It crashes. Force close. Tried to clear dalvik again, and cache partition. Tried to fix permissions, but still a no go.

Lastly netflix doesn't work for me anymore :'(

If your talking about the HTC wallpapers, they were working fine for me. Didn't test messaging (I use google voice) or netflix. Are you using x99's version?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

mturner7472

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of any issues with Exchange ActiveSync on a corporate account after the GB update?

Getting "exchange sync error - please update your password"

Nunook

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If your talking about the HTC wallpapers, they were working fine for me. Didn't test messaging (I use google voice) or netflix. Are you using x99's version?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
yeah Im using the x99 version.

I had x99 kernel before, and even with the bone stock setup from the store my quandrant scores were higher. Might give the mik rom a try or go back to how I had it.

zgrm

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Guys help! I got so excited I am unrooted, but I can't seem to get the update. Keeps saying that there is no update available! I turned my phone off and on and still nothing. Can't get the update...

Seems like everyone else is able to get it. Any help?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Guys help! I got so excited I am unrooted, but I can't seem to get the update. Keeps saying that there is no update available! I turned my phone off and on and still nothing. Can't get the update...

Be sure to unplug your device from your computer.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

No, you're not alone, I can't get it either (totally stock). Seems we're the last two. :) I'm checking the update screen like a Xoom owner...

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well im just back from a gingerbread infused weekend and other then losing root I couldnt be happier! I got the popup friday morning and almost wet myself.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

gene26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for GB to be rooted before I update. I'm too paranoid about full backups to update without it. Will follow the flash guide method of upgrading when I do, though. Hopefully it isn't too long a wait. It's a shame that the super simple guide tool doesn't work.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for GB to be rooted before I update. I'm too paranoid about full backups to update without it. Will follow the flash guide method of upgrading when I do, though. Hopefully it isn't too long a wait. It's a shame that the super simple guide tool doesn't work.

Devs already have 2 Stock Rooted ROMs running based off the update. They can be flashed like any other ROM. The first 2 in this LIST are the same as the update, just rooted

gene26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Devs already have 2 Stock Rooted ROMs running based off the update. They can be flashed like any other ROM. The first 2 in this LIST are the same as the update, just rooted
I know. I'm just a little lazy when it comes to managing a new rom. I tried the first one, and I wasn't able to get titanium to restore everything properly, and it was just frustrating. So i'd almost rather unroot and wait for a new root method, than try and sort out a custom rom. That's also why I don't like CM7.

gene26

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Also I could have sworn I posted something about this here...

Turns out having ClockwordMod Recovery installed *was* the issue.

Solution is to revert to a stock recovery image before upgrading.

Easiest way to flash a recovery image is to use something called "Flash Image GUI" (google it).

As for the original stock recovery image, I couldn't find it unofrtunately, but in a pinch, you can use the one from the HTC Gingerbread ROM. It's a .zip file with a long filename that I'm not pasting here :) but you'll find it in /sdcard/download/. Within that .zip file you'll find something called "recovery.img"; extract that somewhere on the sdcard and you'll be able to point the Flash Image GUI to it.

Where did you find the recovery image? Because I am searching everywhere, and I can't seem to find it! Would greatly appreciate any help finding it.

dsevil

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Where did you find the recovery image? Because I am searching everywhere, and I can't seem to find it! Would greatly appreciate any help finding it.

EDIT: I'm not sure I made everything clear.
1. Make sure you've downloaded the OTA update (though you haven't installed it yet).
2. Mount your device as a USB drive.
3. In that USB drive look in the download directory.
4. There'll be a .zip file of almost 300MB in size. That will probably be the Gingerbread OTA ROM update.
5. From that .zip file you should be able to find something called recovery.img.

Not sure what else needs to be clarified.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez