08-25-2011 11:56 AM
45 12
tools
    Well I am not happy so far, did the update last night and things just aint right.

When it comes to ring tones I can set them for the phone ringer only. When it comes to notification sounds and such all I can pick from is the supplied tones and I cant stand any of them. I want to be able to put it back to what it was before the update but cant figure it out.

It has also messed with multipicture live wallpaper.

I guess Ill eventually get it back to where it was. But any help would be appreciated.
    06-17-2011 09:59 AM
    There are three ways to set your sounds.

Menu>Ringtones (only sets the phone ring)
    Personalize> Scroll down to Personalize Sound
    Menu>Settings>Sounds

You can upload whatever ringtone/notification sounds you want to your phone/sd card. You can also download who sound sets and change that. Right now the new update has it auto set to HTC Default 2010.
    06-17-2011 11:56 AM
    Even trying to go in and set it thru the personalize menu it only shows the stock sounds.

And I can't seem to change the HTC audio deal either. It allows me to make a new file but not change anything from within the file.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    06-17-2011 01:32 PM
    I'm using a custom ringtone. Make sure your ringtone is the right file type and in the right folder. Also might want to try using an app like ringdroid.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-17-2011 03:32 PM
    I was using rings extended .... for some reason it doesnt want to work now .... might just have to go with ring droid and remove RE.
    06-17-2011 03:44 PM
    Notification sounds will not change no matter what I do ... this is pissing me off
    06-17-2011 03:58 PM
    Notification sounds will not change no matter what I do ... this is pissing me off
    Have you tried going into each app and changing the notification tone there? I know it's a long way of doing this but it's worth a shot. I'm not running the ota update right now so I can't confirm if you'll be able to change to custom notification but it's the only other thing I can think of.
    06-17-2011 04:04 PM
    Have you tried going into each app and changing the notification tone there? I know it's a long way of doing this but it's worth a shot. I'm not running the ota update right now so I can't confirm if you'll be able to change to custom notification but it's the only other thing I can think of.
    Negative ghostrider ....... that pattern is full and not showing anything else.
    06-17-2011 04:17 PM
    My Handcent app had it's own notification sounds. Now it is not available. ???
    06-17-2011 06:02 PM
    I haven't lost any of my ringtones and they are all working. In fact, all but two of my total settings from Froyo were saved. The only things I've had to set (or reset) are the new features associated with the upgrade.
    06-17-2011 07:25 PM
    Anyone know of any issues with Exchange ActiveSync on a corporate account after the GB update?

Getting "exchange sync error - please update your password
    06-17-2011 08:31 PM
    Anyone know of any issues with Exchange ActiveSync on a corporate account after the GB update?

Getting "exchange sync error - please update your password
    Mine is still working.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift via Tapatalk
    06-17-2011 09:33 PM
    Yes, I have to agree. I bought my shift about a month and a half ago and loved it. After the update, my text messages (I use the stock message app) just do not work correctly. Having the keyboard out cause the letters to go all caps and typing in landscape on the screen keyboard the words don't show up! I hope HTC issues a bug fix for this.
    06-18-2011 12:05 PM
    My brothers SHIFT keeps restarting HTC SENSE. When he goes back to home, the HTC logo comes out. And everything restarts.
    06-18-2011 05:39 PM
    Even trying to go in and set it thru the personalize menu it only shows the stock sounds.

Are you connected to a PC? When the SD card is unmounted the custom sounds disappear. I could never figure out why my ringtone changed to default whenever I was plugged in.
    06-19-2011 10:32 AM
    Nope not connected to a pc and SD card hasn't been unmounted. Maybe ill try unmounting and mounting again.

06-19-2011 11:46 AM
    Yes I get exchange error every once while since update and HTC sence restarts a lot.

06-19-2011 11:02 PM
    My brothers SHIFT keeps restarting HTC SENSE. When he goes back to home, the HTC logo comes out. And everything restarts.
    This is happening to me frequently.

And I've had the phone lock-up and more restarts in the last few days than in the previous two months with the phone.
    06-20-2011 08:59 AM
    I've seen a lot of people on other forums having this same problem. Sounds like a bug that's going to be an updated fix. I did see several people suggest reading this forum
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-supp...om-update.html may not be what your looking for but others have reported it helping.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
    06-20-2011 09:22 AM
    This is happening to me frequently.

And I've had the phone lock-up and more restarts in the last few days than in the previous two months with the phone.
    I'm having the same issues with Sense. Every time I leave an app or settings page, I get the HTC white screen and all homepage items/widgets reload. I'm also in the process of removing/adding all accounts from the phone. Nothing is syncing. It started with Facebook, then Twitter. I finally realized that Google accounts didn't sync all weekend (no new emails from personal or work account).
    06-20-2011 01:20 PM
    Quick profiles is no longer able to reliably select the screen brightness (I have a "night" setting at 0% brightness and a "day" setting of "automatic"). It seems to work once or twice on reboot and then doesn't work anymore. I can select a numeric value but not "automatic".

Looks like they also changed the way the notification curtain works; unless I'm mistaken, under Froyo when you pulled down the curtain you revealed notifications from the top immediately (so you didn't have to pull it down all the way to see a single notification). Now you have to pull the whole way down to see a notification at the top. Annoying - I'm sure they had a great reason to do that but I can't say I like it so far.

I'm having to choose ringtones/wallpapers twice to get them to "take".

Unified inbox is kind of nice, but the fact that you can't assign a shortcut to it (only to specific accounts) is frustrating. Once you've looked at a single account, in order to get to the unified inbox you have to click menu, accounts list, and select "all accounts".

For Facebook, I had to re-create my facebook for HTC sense account in settings ->accounts & sync, and it started syncing those fine.

Quick settings on the notification curtain is a nice touch, as is the restart option on power button press.

Had to delete my calendar data, then delete and re-create my exchange account to get the calendar syncing.
    06-20-2011 05:37 PM
    Well I am not happy so far, did the update last night and things just aint right.

When it comes to ring tones I can set them for the phone ringer only. When it comes to notification sounds and such all I can pick from is the supplied tones and I cant stand any of them. I want to be able to put it back to what it was before the update but cant figure it out.

It has also messed with multipicture live wallpaper.

I guess Ill eventually get it back to where it was. But any help would be appreciated.
    Okay so don't hate me but...I have updated my evo shift 4g and all is well.

To change your ringtones, notification sound, and alarm sound...
    1) at the home screen. "menu"
    2) settings
    3) "personalize"
    4) scroll down to "personalized sound"
    5) you will see "sound set", "ringtone", "notification sound", and "alarm".
    6) select the "ringtone", notification, or alarm to change.
    I have yet to figure out how to modify the sound set. My best educated guess is that you change the sounds under personalized sound. After doing that, you will need to go into sound set and create a new one. This reminds me of a 'profile' -- those of us who have used and still use a blackberry would know what a 'profile' is. It appears the GB update gives android a 'profile' like option along with the ability to personalize sounds out side of using a profile. This is my best educated guess at this time after running this update on my phone for a few hours today.

In regards to your ring tone issue. When I got my first android phone (htc droid eris), I found that I needed to create specific folders on my micro sd card with the following names so that the android os would read them properly: a) notifications b) alarms c) ringtones. After doing what this person said (thank you to whomever you were) I have never had any problems with my phone picking up the notifications, alarms, and ringtones. In fact this system allows me to put some order to the sounds that I have saved over the years rather then keeping all of them in one folder.

To the person stating that he/she can't change their handcent sms tone from within handcent...
    I was able to change my notification sound. Did you shut off and turn on your phone? If you have, did you shut off, pull your battery, put it back in, and then turn on your phone? You could also try backing up handcent first. After that delete handcent from you phone and then re-download handcent.

I heard that some people were having text message issues after the update but I have yet to see my phone not sending/receiving texts.
    06-20-2011 07:20 PM
    My phone has been locking up and has been running sense randomly and I have to wait for everything to load.

I'm going to go by the Sprint store and see what they say cause this is seriously pissing me off.

06-20-2011 10:32 PM
    Mine does that too, but only when I make changes. I don't like it, but maybe certain changes affect the new version of Sense, causing it to reset itself. Does anyone know anything about this? I'll try contacting HTC for an answer/fix. Will also check w/Sprint.
    06-21-2011 10:11 AM
    My phone has been locking up and has been running sense randomly and I have to wait for everything to load.

I'm going to go by the Sprint store and see what they say cause this is seriously pissing me off.

Please post the results you get from your consult with the Sprint store.
    06-21-2011 10:47 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD