I was hoping that the Gingerbread update would fix my wifes sgnal issues, but no such luck.
    She has a Shift just got the OTA last night.
    We have an Airave but her phone won't stay linked to it & the signal bars bounce from no bars tohalf to no to full & back to no bars. Sad to say but my Epic holds a better signal for some reason.

My question is: is there a way to fix the signal issues, can I root & flash a new modem, what do you suggest? I will be very grateful for any help. I have rooted & played with my Epic but her shift is stock.

Thanks.....
    06-17-2011 11:25 PM
    What radio version does the shift have?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
    06-18-2011 01:49 AM
    What radio version does the shift have?

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk
    She has:

Software version 2.76.651.4

Baseband version 1.08.00.0506

Kernal version 2.6.35.10-gd42fbcf

PRI version 1.52_003

PRL version 01115

Thanks for your time.
    06-18-2011 06:48 AM
    Well that's the most current radio.. I seem to have signal issues when running a stock Sense ROM also.
    Getting the phone rooted with a optimized custom kernel/ROM would probably help, you would at least be able to tweak the system...Also, Sprint uses a proxy server, this can be edited to help improve signal but you need root. Unfortunately, there currently isn't a way to root if you installed the GB update.
    monkey30butt likes this.
    06-18-2011 11:35 AM
    Well that's the most current radio.. I seem to have signal issues when running a stock Sense ROM also.
    Getting the phone rooted with a optimized custom kernel/ROM would probably help, you would at least be able to tweak the system...Also, Sprint uses a proxy server, this can be edited to help improve signal but you need root. Unfortunately, there currently isn't a way to root if you installed the GB update.
    Thanks Crump, I'll try to keep an eye on this side for a new root program for GB.
    It will give me time to research how to tweak her phone. The signal is her only problem.
    I have a lot of digging & reading to do. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
    06-18-2011 12:52 PM
    Not sure why I just thought of this but did you try updating your PRL?
    06-18-2011 01:16 PM
    Yep, did that right before I posted. The new PRL made no change.
    It's just strange that it doesn't stay linked to the Airave.
    06-18-2011 03:06 PM