View Stuck in Locked-Security Warning

rsvrfactory

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just bought 2 of these for my girls for Christmas and while updating them to Honeycomb one of them got stuck in this mode. It's Stuck in Locked-Security Warning in HBOOT mode and I can't get out of it. See pics. I did a search and found similar threads, but mine doesn't even get to the white screen with the green HTC in the middle. There are 3 little Android bots at the bottom of the screen along with what you see in the pics.

I would like to get this fixed before Christmas so they she can play use it so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm familiar with Apple products and PC's but not Android. This will be my first experience with it so if your going to get too technical, please try and make it as simple as possible.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
You can try powering off completely just hold power till it shuts down. You can try doing a factory reset to see if that will help. The only other thing I know to do is run the RUU to try returning to the stock set up before the OTA

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried that many times along with the recovery and that didn't help. How do I run the RUU? I don't even know what that is.

Here's the link to the RUU. RUU_Express_Sprint_WWE_1.22.651.1_Radio_1.05.11.0531_NV_2.28_SPCS_release_198141_signed.exe - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

RUU is a .exe that runs on windows computer and should put you back to stock. You need to make sure your tablet is at least 50% charged before you try and run this. Download it and then just double click the file it should guide you the rest of the way. I would make sure to save the file and not run it so in case it errors or anything you can double click it to run again instead of downloading twice it's a pretty big file took about hour and half for me to download.

rsvrfactory

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally was able to download the RUU but apparently I have a newer ROM version and it wouldn't update. I think it's because yesterday, I turned it on and it booted normally and I was like cool, everything is OK. Honeycomb was on there. Then I shut it off and turned it back on and now I'm back to what you see in my first post. It must have the newer Honeycomb ROM and won't let me go backwards.

Any suggestions?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Finally was able to download the RUU but apparently I have a newer ROM version and it wouldn't update. I think it's because yesterday, I turned it on and it booted normally and I was like cool, everything is OK. Honeycomb was on there. Then I shut it off and turned it back on and now I'm back to what you see in my first post. It must have the newer Honeycomb ROM and won't let me go backwards.

Any suggestions?

Your exactly right it's the update that's blocking you. It applied a newer hboot and the RUU can't overwrite a newer version and makes going back a very big pain. I'm trying to think of something to try out. The first one that came to my mind was getting a copy of the OTA and try to see if stock recovery would flash it and maybe get it booting again. I'm researching the heck out of things now because my girlfriend has one and I don't like not being able to control the device and do as I want with it. Ill find as much info as I can and post back my findings.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Here's the first idea I had http://www.androidcentral.com/honeycomb-ota-htc-evo-view-4g-rolling-out you could follow that to try flashing it and see if that would help.

My next idea would be at little more tricky if your not all set up with android sdk,adb,and fastboot.
If you are I would try taking the stock system and boot and fastboot them it would a system before the update cause as far as I know of right now there is not a copy of the newest system.img for HC. That might not even work at all but worth a shot.

rsvrfactory

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
beezy,

No I don't have the sdk and not familiar with it at all. I am just going to return it for a new and see how that one works out when I update it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Happy Holidays!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star