Restore from another View

speedman_2001

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
So my problem is two fold. Evo View 4G is rooted so the OTA update will not process. Apparently in my rooting process I either A) didn't create a backup (bad idea I know) or B) lost the backup (another bad idea). I've looked around for the ROM to install HC but either missed it or can't seem to find it. graffixnyc posted a topic with the de-sensed version but you have to have HC installed already. Can someone point me to another ROM if it exists. Let me know if you need more tablet information for the correct one. Second question is is it possible to restore a backup from a different View onto the one I am using to get rid of the root if needed? In the future I may need to remove the root from the tab to return it back into our tablet pool.

Thanks for the help guys, I still a newb to the wonderful world of Android.

Update: Disregard the part on the HC S-OFF upgrade, grew a brain and found it on XDA.

Last edited:

speedman_2001

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm back and very humbly ask for a lot of help. Decided to flash the hboot to version 6.14.5556 and now the tablet will stop booting at the white HTC screen and won't go any further. When booting into hboot, recovery will not run with the same outcome. I do have a full backup on the sd card but can't get to it with recovery. Any thoughts?