No Facebook App for Evo View?

Yahdoood#AC

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Evo View last night and it's very weird that it doesn't seem to have an available Facebook app.

Anyone else having the same issue? Market says there's not one available and logging into the main facebook page says not one available for my device.

I have an HTC Flyer, the same damned thing except no 3g/4g radios and it came with a facebook app built in.

Vewy scwewy...

backtothemac

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it. I am sitting here thinking the same thing you are. Is the Facebook app seriously being blocked by HTC, for any reason? UGh

ElAguila

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering that as well when I first fired up my new View. Then I realized that I don't really need one since I can go to the regular facebook site with this tablet instead of the mobile site.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it doesn't render correctly for the screen size or something. Either way, you've always got friend stream/Facebook for HTC Sense (accounts and sync). :p

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When Facebook released the most recent version of the Facebook for Android app (version 1.6.0), they updated the compatibility list to show that it is not compatible with any Android tablet, so it doesn't show up on the Market if you're searching for it from a tablet device. If you grab the apk off an Android phone or off the internet somewhere, it installs and runs just fine.