htc explorer - unable to see recover options

Avinash Nag

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

i just tried to install jaggy rom and my entire htc explorer screwed up.

What happens is when i turn on the phone it automatically goes to these options

Bootloader
reboot
reboot downloader
power down

When i choose bootloader, i get these options

fastboot
recovery
factory reset
simlock

I tried going to recovery and the device restarts and no options come u, when i choose fastboot, it goes to bootloader. Please help. I have windows 7 and the device is detected. I also tried factory reset and htc logo comes and the device restarts and again I get the bootloader option. Is this device gone dead, Is it the time to replace. Please advise. The local service center(not authorized htc service center) tells that it is some software problem.

Regards,
Avinash

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

i just tried to install jaggy rom and my entire htc explorer screwed up.

What happens is when i turn on the phone it automatically goes to these options

Bootloader
reboot
reboot downloader
power down

When i choose bootloader, i get these options

fastboot
recovery
factory reset
simlock

I tried going to recovery and the device restarts and no options come u, when i choose fastboot, it goes to bootloader. Please help. I have windows 7 and the device is detected. I also tried factory reset and htc logo comes and the device restarts and again I get the bootloader option. Is this device gone dead, Is it the time to replace. Please advise. The local service center(not authorized htc service center) tells that it is some software problem.

Regards,
Avinash

If your bootloader is unlocked, You can try flashing a recovery like CWM or TWRP. Then with a recovery installed, you can flash a OS back to your phone.

Avinash Nag

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the twrp image and in command prompt, i type fastboot flash recovery c:\openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-pico.img and I press enter and I get the message
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Please assist.

Also, in the screen on the device, It is telling FASTBOOT USB, Only then, in the device manager - it shows up Android USB Devices. This means in the command prompt when I press enter, on the android device, I see this screen.

Bootloader
reboot
reboot downloader
power down

If in case, I press Bootloader, that means the device does not show up in device manager.

Regards,
Avinash

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the twrp image and in command prompt, i type fastboot flash recovery c:\openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-pico.img and I press enter and I get the message
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Please assist.

Also, in the screen on the device, It is telling FASTBOOT USB, Only then, in the device manager - it shows up Android USB Devices. This means in the command prompt when I press enter, on the android device, I see this screen.

Bootloader
reboot
reboot downloader
power down

If in case, I press Bootloader, that means the device does not show up in device manager.

Regards,
Avinash

You are typing the command wrong. Do you have android sdk? If so, navigate to the platform tools folder, drag the twrp image in there and copy the directory of that folder. Go to cmd. Type "cd "name of directory"" where name of directory is what ever the directory you copied is. Fastboot should work now. Connect your phone. Make sure it is in fastboot usb mode. Type "fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-pico.img" and let it flash. Then reboot the phone. Now when you choose recovery, it should boot into twrp and you can load some other Rom of your choice.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Avinash Nag

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I followed the instructions and I flashed the rom, the device restarted, but know, I am getting the message - Internal memory is very low(500KB space) and the menus/touch interface wont work properly and I keep getting the message, the process is crashed - Would you to close it now ?

Please help.

Regards,
Avinash

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I followed the instructions and I flashed the rom, the device restarted, but know, I am getting the message - Internal memory is very low(500KB space) and the menus/touch interface wont work properly and I keep getting the message, the process is crashed - Would you to close it now ?

Please help.

Regards,
Avinash

What rom? Did you flash a recovery like I said in the previous post?

Avinash Nag

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Used the twrp mode, wiped everything and installed this ROM openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-pico.img and I got the message - successful and reboot now. Did the step and low internal memory message appears and the mobile crashed. One of my friends is suggesting that the flash IC is gone/corrupted. Can iy happen that hardware can go bad?

regards,
avinash

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, Used the twrp mode, wiped everything and installed this ROM openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-pico.img and I got the message - successful and reboot now. Did the step and low internal memory message appears and the mobile crashed. One of my friends is suggesting that the flash IC is gone/corrupted. Can iy happen that hardware can go bad?

regards,
avinash

Avinash Nag

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

regards,
avinash

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

regards,
avinash

- - - Updated - - -

regards,
avinash

That isn't a Rom, that's a recovery image. I'm confused as to what you flashed now. Where did you see this low internal space message?

Avinash Nag

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Please give me the link to download the ROM, I will wipe everything and re install the thing. The low internal memory message comes as soon I rebooted the phone.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Please give me the link to download the ROM, I will wipe everything and re install the thing. The low internal memory message comes as soon I rebooted the phone.

I don't understand what you're doing. Get the recovery image from teamw.in (just find your phone). Flash the recovery in fastboot and then come back so I can help you flash a custom rom.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

When you boot up, do you mean into recovery or when you try to boot in the os? I think a screenshot or a picture would help.