New Update?

OMGr8573

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Will the HTC First ever get a new update? I'm pretty sure I recall reading somewhere months and months ago that it'd at least get 4.2.2 or maybe even 4.3. But I haven't seen anything else about it, guessing HTC just gave up on it, which is a shame cause the First is over-all a nice little phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Will the HTC First ever get a new update? I'm pretty sure I recall reading somewhere months and months ago that it'd at least get 4.2.2 or maybe even 4.3. But I haven't seen anything else about it, guessing HTC just gave up on it, which is a shame cause the First is over-all a nice little phone.

I think it did get abandoned.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't a clue because I stopped looking for updates .. im with Verizon and i know updates are months behind everyone else so I just try to avoid thinking of them :p :)

OMGr8573

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it did get abandoned.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Think it got tossed to the side not because it's a crappy phone, but because people they didn't own it or even try it, went all over the internet bashing it cause it was a "Facebook" phone.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering about this phone, it totally disappeared off the grid, tech sites and blogs totally stopped talking about it and moved on to Moto X.

It does seem like Htc have abandoned it and are focussing on the One range.

Sneakyguydavid

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
this phone has been abandoned, HTC then used the left over parts to make the HTC One mini, if someone really wanted to they could easily port htc one mini roms to the first.