Honeycomb 3.2?

drd48

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
With the Xoom apparently set to get 3.2 within a few days, could this mean that an upgrade for the Flyer could be coming? 3.2 is supposed to work with the 7 inch tablets so maybe this is what HTC has been waiting for.

crazie.eddie

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't get too excited for Honeycomb. If you want half your apps to work, then be excited for Honeycomb. I have a Motorola Xoom and HTC EVO (Gingerbread) and I can't run half the apps that are important to me on my Xoom. I'm planning to get the Flyer and may consider selling the Xoom, because I'm tired of waiting for my important apps to be compatible for the Xoom.

drd48

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you want half your apps to work, then be excited for Honeycomb. I have a Motorola Xoom and HTC EVO (Gingerbread) and I can't run half the apps that are important to me on my Xoom. I'm planning to get the Flyer and may consider selling the Xoom, because I'm tired of waiting for my important apps to be compatible for the Xoom.
I hear you on that. To be honest, I was wondering if, at this point, the fact that the Flyer isn't running Honeycomb could be an advantage. Personally, I don't like what I've seen of Honeycomb. The design seems terribly disorganized and just doesn't sit well with me. Add in the app issues that you mentioned and it seems like the Flyer is actually the best bet right now.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I hear you on that. To be honest, I was wondering if, at this point, the fact that the Flyer isn't running Honeycomb could be an advantage. Personally, I don't like what I've seen of Honeycomb. The design seems terribly disorganized and just doesn't sit well with me. Add in the app issues that you mentioned and it seems like the Flyer is actually the best bet right now.

At this point my Flyer works very reliably and runs all of my apps, so I will take a wait and see position on Honeycomb.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't get too excited for Honeycomb. If you want half your apps to work, then be excited for Honeycomb. I have a Motorola Xoom and HTC EVO (Gingerbread) and I can't run half the apps that are important to me on my Xoom. I'm planning to get the Flyer and may consider selling the Xoom, because I'm tired of waiting for my important apps to be compatible for the Xoom.
I agree! I bought the 10.1 galaxy tab and returned it and ended up with the flyer and i love it! Plus all the apps i got on my thunderbolt i can use. Honeycomb was rushed and anyone who buys them is going to be unhappy like i was. I feel the flyer is underrated, its just to bad it wasn't a little less cheaper.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree! I bought the 10.1 galaxy tab and returned it and ended up with the flyer and i love it! Plus all the apps i got on my thunderbolt i can use. Honeycomb was rushed and anyone who buys them is going to be unhappy like i was. I feel the flyer is underrated, its just to bad it wasn't a little less cheaper.

Damn...that is almost VERBATIM what I typed in another post. (I made the mistake of test driving a Galaxy 10.1 also)

Major

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, what mission critical applications are not yet functional on Honeycomb? Many are not optimized yet, but the overwhelming majority of the applications still work on Honeycomb from what I've seen.

crazie.eddie

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My list:
Xfinity Mobile - Allows me to listen to my Xfinity voicemails, also send/receive emails.
Pocket Agent - Manage my State Farm insurance account
CoPilot Live - GPS app that DOES NOT require network.

I also have a banking app that is not compatible with Honecycomb.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome news. I am ready for some tasty HoneyComb on my Flyer

Honestly I bought a Thrive to add work features beyond the capacity of my Flyer and it came with HoneyComb but I see nothing exciting about 3.1.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

DMAC55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I bought a Thrive to add work features beyond the capacity of my Flyer and it came with HoneyComb but I see nothing exciting about 3.1.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

This is exactly what I did and I was very disappointed in the Thrive so it went back a couple days later. For me, the disappointment was with the OS more than the hardware so I am in no rush to "upgrade" my trusted Flyer.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I did and I was very disappointed in the Thrive so it went back a couple days later. For me, the disappointment was with the OS more than the hardware so I am in no rush to "upgrade" my trusted Flyer.

My Thrive went back to Best Buy yesterday, as well. Not that I was extremely disappointed, rather that I saw more advantages in the upcoming Lenovo ThinkPad.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

DMAC55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My Thrive went back to Best Buy yesterday, as well. Not that I was extremely disappointed, rather that I saw more advantages in the upcoming Lenovo ThinkPad.

I agree on anticipating the ThinkPad. I look forward to how well it performs on HC. I realize HC is HC but from reading comments from others here, there seems to be better hardware/OS combinations than offered by Toshiba. With the Thrive, I had issues of lagging when typing. I would be 10 to 15 characters ahead of what was displayed. That's not to say I am that fast of a typist. It was just annoyingly slow at responding to inputs. I also had random freezes and trouble bringing it back from sleep mode. That combined with the QC issues with the packaging (sticky film peeled off the chrome around the camera bezel), caused me to take it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz