Anyone had the problem that when you use the keyboard it's hard not to hit one of the active buttons just under the space bar.
    Should be nice to move the active buttons to the side in landscape mode. Sort of "follow orientation but not the buttons".

Bob
    07-12-2011 03:56 AM
    Anyone had the problem that when you use the keyboard it's hard not to hit one of the active buttons just under the space bar.
    Should be nice to move the active buttons to the side in landscape mode. Sort of "follow orientation but not the buttons".

Bob
    There are arrow keys under the keyboard, above the capacitive buttons... I also prefer to use the keyboard in portrait mode. I wouldn't mind more control over the orientation of the buttons for convenience in some apps, but I don't find that they get in the way of the keyboard.

If you're using the pen, make sure to touch the tip down before resting your palm on the screen.
    07-13-2011 09:50 AM
    Yeah, I type a lot like this: "Thebquick brownvfox...."
    I am finding that I type 3 different ways, depending on what I am doing.
    1. Portrait with thumbs for short stuff on the run
    2. Landscape, with four fingers (both index and both middle fingers) for some more involved stuff.
    3. I got a roll up bluetooth keyboard, and I use that for involved typing (I teach classes online).
    Surprisingly, I'm finding that each of these methods has its place, and I am starting to automatically choose the method that leads to the least amount of frustration for the task at hand.

I loved using my old old old Handspring/PalmPilot, and so I installed grafitti on the Flyer, but haven't messed with it much yet.
    07-13-2011 12:51 PM
    Yeah, I type a lot like this: "Thebquick brownvfox...."
    I am finding that I type 3 different ways, depending on what I am doing.
    1. Portrait with thumbs for short stuff on the run
    2. Landscape, with four fingers (both index and both middle fingers) for some more involved stuff.
    3. I got a roll up bluetooth keyboard, and I use that for involved typing (I teach classes online).
    Surprisingly, I'm finding that each of these methods has its place, and I am starting to automatically choose the method that leads to the least amount of frustration for the task at hand.

I loved using my old old old Handspring/PalmPilot, and so I installed grafitti on the Flyer, but haven't messed with it much yet.
    I like the BT keyboard idea... I used to have a ThinkOutside BT keyboard for my IPAQ back in the day. I guess the weird part of a keyboard is the lack of a mouse... And therefore need to touch the screen. I guess a BT mouse isn't out of the question. But then you lose the portability.

If its that involved as you say, my laptop usually isn't far away.

I'll have to work on fitting the keyboard scenario into my workflow.... :-)
    07-14-2011 01:17 AM