Screen protector?

Should I buy a screen protector?

• Total voters

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well? What do you think? Can't decide if I should shell out $25 for one. Is it really worth it?

You can believe a screen protector is a good investment, if you look through some of the other threads, you will find mishaps from not having one. If you want to save some over the Zagg you can look at Skinomi.com, it is good quality, less expensive, and free shipping.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

Last edited:

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If your sole goal is to protect the screen from scratches, you don't necessarily need to shell out $25. Any of the cheaper, no-name electrostatic cling type protectors will do. I use a brand I got off Amazon, GreatShield. Right now they're selling a three-pack of either glossy or matte for $10.

Last edited:

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Is it me or is it impossible to put these things on without getting at least one tiny little piece of dirt in it?

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or is it impossible to put these things on without getting at least one tiny little piece of dirt in it?

Make sure you use a lint free cloth, like you use to clean glasses and apply it in a bathroom, which tends to have less dust than other rooms in your home and hope for a bit of luck.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're not doing one of the wet application screen protectors, the best way I've found is to not peel the whole backing off at once. Peel a little bit off from the top, stick the exposed part of the protector onto the top of your screen, and then pull the rest of the backing off as you press the protector down onto the screen. That way it minimizes the amount of time the adhesive side is exposed to the air.

ethan

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ah, that's ver smart. I've already got this one on, bit when I eventually get fed up with the speck of dirt on my screen I am going to do that. Thanks for the tip!

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Was thinking of getting the Zagg. You can get it for a good price if you look.

Don't think it would be good if using the pen for input though. I did a test write on my Zagg protected HP Touchpad with the pen just to test the feel. It left marks of what I wrote on the surface of the protector.
Perhaps one of the simpler thin and smooth protectors would be better for this application.

Anyone have any experience with protectors and the pen?

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Zagg on the flyer & so far no issues with the pen, but it's only been a few days.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Zagg on the flyer & so far no issues with the pen, but it's only been a few days.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Try looking at the protector with the screen off, see if the marks are staying.
I suppose if the marks did not detract from the use of the tablet then it would not matter.