Any news on honeycomb?

SciJohnDroid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Check out XDA developers. Honeycomb has been leaked. It adds a lot more functionality to the stylus. I can't wait until the official upgrade.

HTC Flyer / Tapatalk

dstrauss#IM

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Obviously XDA got its hands on the real deal - but I'm too much of an Android noobie to risk bricking my Flyer to get pen action in all apps. In fact, the issue of teh pen working at the OS level bothers me a little bit because I've found Windows 7 Tablets often get confused between pen input and pen operation of system elements, and then the inking experience suffers.

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have news on the honeycomb update? I thought it was end of august.

I like the thought of more pen functionality, but I'm not sure it would be worth it to lose a bunch of my apps.
Perhaps if the forthcoming Adobe touch-enabled apps are HC only, then maybe. If those apps support pen input then it'd be more likely.
Otherwise I don't see what's gained by the upgrade.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe the Flyer will get an upgrade. If ICS is ready by the time they perfect the Sense overlay on HC, then we may just get ICS...Just stirrin' the pot....

No pot to stir. I'm afraid the Flyer is stuck where it's at. HTC just has too many high volume phones to get updated and the Flyer hasn't exactly been a mass market success from what I can tell.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
No pot to stir. I'm afraid the Flyer is stuck where it's at. HTC just has too many high volume phones to get updated and the Flyer hasn't exactly been a mass market success from what I can tell.

HTC said they are going to update it. Unless you know they are lying, (source, please) I'm going with what they said. Once the price dropped, it took off huge. Try to buy one from BB. Regardless of whether they update it or not, I'm quite happy with mine, and ROM's are starting to appear, and will continue to appear now that more people have them. THAT makes me happy!

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
IMO, HTC has the Flyer priced to move the existing inventory, so don't look for any major upgrades. We did not see the promised upgrades when the Flyer was priced at $499, so I certainly don't look for any now. I can see no reason for HTC to pour money into a device that we will see dropped from their product line in a matter of months.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
IMO, HTC has the Flyer priced to move the existing inventory, so don't look for any major upgrades. We did not see the promised upgrades when the Flyer was priced at $499, so I certainly don't look for any now. I can see no reason for HTC to pour money into a device that we will see dropped from their product line in a matter of months.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

I'm usually a realist (pessimist) but do think we'll be getting an upgrade. I believe HTC worked on it for too long not to go ahead and finish it. If I'm wrong, I proabably won't buy another HTC product, and they will go into the same category that Samsung of old was in...Even though the Flyer is more than capable using GB. I won't update to HC if it becomes available anyhow unless it has a serious overlay of Sense on it. Naked HC is a biatch.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so at some point one of us can post bragging rights over their opinion :) For me HC's benefit to the Flyer is apps that will not run on GB, specifically pen apps. I agree the Flyer works fine on GB but leaves no room for growth.

I Just Want a Device to be Productive

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol