Why a 32 GB is 19 GB?

Genialdeal

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I just bought the Flyer, I read lots about it and got impressed! I got it las Thursay and truned it on yesterday. With no application downlawded I found that it has tablet storage total space of 19.61GB and 19.60 as tablet storage available space. the other interesting data is the internal storage available space of 7.68 GB.... I got confused, I thought the flyer I bough should have 32GB or a little less than that in memory as the box states: Internal Storage 32 GB. Can someone help me to know if the fyer I bought is wrong?
:confused:Cheers,

Teknik-jyden

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why a 32 GB is 19 GB???

well as far as im conserned, the internal storage is devided into two memories, one for the OS and one for songs, movies etc. so the storage you are able to see is prolly the storage that you can control and put on whatever you want, HTC prolly made room for small updates and maybe honeycomb, and would be a shame if you used up all the space with songs and couldnt get an update, i think thats why :)

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yep, the Flyer's storage comes partitioned into two partitions: "tablet" storage and "internal" storage. I forget what goes where, but basically between the two of those, the total space should add up to near 32GB. The OS, stock apps, Sense overlay, etc. eat up some of that space right out of the gates.

Genialdeal

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

TNX to Yapkuen and Teknic-Jyden, very useful answers!!! Now the chalenge will be able to download apps and learn to use the stylus, reason why I bought the Flyer, to write and e-mail handwriting notes and why not to handrite notes be converted into keybord notes!!!:)

cordell507

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

i don't own a flyer but to me htc and any android manufacturing company should list the storage amount of what you should be able to use instead of listing what the total is but only letting you use a fraction of it.

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

i don't own a flyer but to me htc and any android manufacturing company should list the storage amount of what you should be able to use instead of listing what the total is but only letting you use a fraction of it.

Umm that would be the same as requiring Computer manufacturers to list the available amount of ram and hard drive space when windows boots up.

Would you spend money on a computer that had these for specs?

Intel Core i7
186MB Ram
80GB HDD
356MB NVidia....

or maybe

EVO 3D

546MB Storage
104MB Ram

Ya you see how that would hinder your buying experience.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I think you can use all of it; you just can't control which things save to which partition. One of the two partitions basically shows up as a permanent internal SD card.

stageman

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I've got basically the same thing showing on a 16GB. I have 8.69GB of "tablet storage" and 3.47GB available "Internal Storage". Odd. Stupid marketing people...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois