review on flyer

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
the flyer going down to 299.99 starting october 1st. people who have it what you guys like and dislike about it? any info/advice would help. im looking to get tablet for normal internet use, deff playing games on it, writing papers, and taking pictures.

thanks in advance guys

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, for writing papers I'd definitely recommend a tablet with a laptop dock, like the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet or Asus Transformer, or the Asus Slider. Typing papers on the Flyer is really not practical, nor is writing out entire papers with the pen. Gaming-wise, I find it to perform just fine, as long as you don't mind gaming on a 7" screen.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If it drops to $299, you can forget about an upgrade to Android 3.2. The TPT gets my vote even with the price difference, as I have them both.

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If it drops to $299, you can forget about an upgrade to Android 3.2. The TPT gets my vote even with the price difference, as I have them both.

Well, with Samsung rumored to be announcing an Ice Cream Sandwich phone in coming weeks, maybe HTC will consider Android 3.2 to be yesterday's news and not care if it gets pushed out :p But I agree, a $200 price drop may be indicative of a lack of commitment going forward for the Flyer. It definitely seemed to be in the same boat as the BB PlayBook and HP TouchPad in terms of commercial success.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
If it drops to $899, you can forget about an upgrade to Android 3.7 The TPT gets my vote even with the price difference, as I have them both.

Its normal gingerbread so root it and put 2.3.5 on it. Honeycomb is not that great. I'd rather have gb on a Flyer. Seriously

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Its normal gingerbread so root it and put 2.3.5 on it. Honeycomb is not that great. I'd rather have gb on a Flyer. Seriously

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I know people will think I'm crazy but after owning the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for 2 months and selling it on ebay and purchasing a Flyer on ebay, I actually agree. If there was a way to get apps to fill the screen the way 3.2 will allow us to do, I would still prefer gingerbread because of the stability

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea...I tried a Samsung galaxy 10.1,myself. Took it back after a few days. I don't see what the hoopla about honeycomb is. I think it sucks.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, GB is stable, but without HC our access to pen apps is stagnated.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, GB is stable, but without HC our access to pen apps is stagnated.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

True, and that is honestly the only reason I'm looking forward to honeycomb 3.2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21