I just got this yesterday, so the Flyer is new to me. A key reason for purchase was the very thing I am writing about. My secretary sends a pdf form in email, I SAVE it to a new location (had to move it with a file manager) to the sd card. Get out the pen, fill it in. Everything is fine at this point. Just saving is an issue. Deleted to make sure I an not writing on a corrupt red file or whatever. Start over...blah...blah... Save as option flatten or image, I tried both, warning no space (there is plenty). Called HTC AND HE WAS USELESS. I ran a cache clearer app to be sure no crap is clogging the system. This file is only 45k. Totally give up. I saved it out as many times and went back and deleted scraps left over (makes a tmp file). By form, I don't mean an Adobe with blanks to fill in, wasn't formatted that way - just a regular pdf. Would love to hear how you guys do this, thanks!
    10-12-2011 05:05 PM
    I simply download the attchment view sign or annotate as needed and save (flattened) then email it back. When saving it saves to the folder "download" - Actually ask if you want to "overwrite" because that is where the attachment was originally saved.

Clear as mud? Really hope you get it working - l love it.
    10-12-2011 09:44 PM
    Thanks, I am doing the same thing only get a storage warning on save. This is despite moving apps to the sD card and clearing apps and browser cache.

Oh well, glad yours is working. My systems setting says 3.6 internal gigabytes free and 5.6 GB external free. This seems to be typical based on others reporting here. I don't know if the clog is RAM or what. I did put in an extra 8 GB micro sd.

BTW, do you have a 32 GB flyer? Mine is 16 and do I watch the memory closely, especially after this incident.
    10-13-2011 05:46 PM
    Thanks, I am doing the same thing only get a storage warning on save. This is despite moving apps to the sD card and clearing apps and browser cache.

Oh well, glad yours is working. My systems setting says 3.6 internal gigabytes free and 5.6 GB external free. This seems to be typical based on others reporting here. I don't know if the clog is RAM or what. I did put in an extra 8 GB micro sd.

BTW, do you have a 32 GB flyer? Mine is 16 and do I watch the memory closely, especially after this incident.
    I have the Best Buy 16GB wifi only model.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512
    10-13-2011 08:26 PM
    Just experienced the mentioned issue - It is caused by security setting. For example if you create a PDF that doesn't allow marking, filling in, etc. you cannot mark it with the pen and save it. I have tested it several times and believe that is your issue.

When trying you might have a file safes called "cache.pdf" and will have a file called "filename.pdf.tmp".

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk
    10-15-2011 09:47 PM
    Yes, it is a you said. Got the tmp file. One thing that helped was to download and save with different file name . I use a file browser and opened in the pdf viewer. Then I could mark it up.
    10-16-2011 05:52 PM
    I've found a bug with the PDF viewer. You can mark up the file and save (unflattened) and all is well. But the second time you try to save the file, you will get the "insufficient space" error. At that point, you must save your changes to a new file name.

If you reload the file immediately after you save, I believe it works around this bug.

I'm using stock ROM (2.3.3) on my Flyer.
    10-30-2011 11:47 PM
    Hi all. I had the same problem. When I mark my pdf I only can save the file the first time. In other words: you can mark all over the pdf but you can save the file just once. After that the "insufficient space" issue appears. So you can close the program, go to the task manager, kill the process, and you can save it again, once. Hope it helps.
    11-11-2011 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD