The Flyer.... The Newton 20+ years later?

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I am anxiously waiting for the Flyer to be release. I have just returned my Xoom.. nice hardware, but I found its dimensions "akward". Its too wide in landscape and too narrow in portrait for my tastes.

After watching the HTC video I cant help but think that HTC is borrowing a little from Apple. Ironically its not the iPad, but more from the Newton Apple released in the early 90's.

apple-newton-messagepad-2000-h2f-460.jpg

Scribe differentiates this device from all it competitors. If the pricing is reasonable, I think the Flyer/Evo View will be a hit and other manufacturers will take notice.

Kudos to HTC for expanding the tablet's capabilities.

PS.... Apple, HTC stole your Newton!!! :)

who_the

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope so

I'm looking forward to the Flyer replacing my Newton 2100 for long-hand note taking. In 14 years, nothing has come close to matching its capabilities, even without the handwriting recognition.

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
I am anxiously waiting for the Flyer to be release. I have just returned my Xoom.. nice hardware, but I found its dimensions "akward". Its too wide in landscape and too narrow in portrait for my tastes.

I thought that too. I suppose its dimensions were "HD" but the bottom line was that if I was going to carry something that big around, I might as well go all out and make it a laptop.

I'm looking forward to the Flyer, because it's pocketable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol