Hoping Wifi only will be available in US.

TxGoatHead

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping this will be available in the wifi only version in the US. I already have Sprint, but I would rather tether to my EVO 4g than pay for another line of service.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Here is my question. Does HTC plan to release this tablet, or any variant of it, on any othe U.S. carrier? I would love a version of it on Verizon. WiFi only, please.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Here is my question. Does HTC plan to release this tablet, or any variant of it, on any othe U.S. carrier? I would love a version of it on Verizon. WiFi only, please.

From what I've read, the closest thing to this would be the HTC EVO View 4G. It's set to release on Sprint and have 4G capabilities. If I may ask (not trying to sound like a jerk), why would you want it on a carrier if you're gonna use it for Wifi only?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, the closest thing to this would be the HTC EVO View 4G. It's set to release on Sprint and have 4G capabilities. If I may ask (not trying to sound like a jerk), why would you want it on a carrier if you're gonna use it for Wifi only?

I don't think you're trying to sound like a jerk. That is a good question. T-Mobile isn't selling a WiFi only version of the tablet that I know of. My thinking is that maybe Verizon may do so. I am already on Verizon, so maybe they'd throw their customers a bone (theoretically) an offer some savings.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you're trying to sound like a jerk. That is a good question. T-Mobile isn't selling a WiFi only version of the tablet that I know of. My thinking is that maybe Verizon may do so. I am already on Verizon, so maybe they'd throw their customers a bone (theoretically) an offer some savings.

Oh ok, so you're hoping for a Verizon branded Wifi version that they will hopefully sell at discount?

Sometimes when I write things it sounds jerky and I don't mean it to be :)

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No problem, VDub. :) Yes. That's it. Knowing Verizon, they would brand it the "DROID Flyer" or whatever the name would eventually be. You know they would spend millions of bucks in advertising to stick "DROID" branding on a tablet, at the same time sticking it to Apple, even though Big Red is selling the iPad 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12