I just read over at Droid-Life that Best Buy has announced pre-orders start this Sunday 4-24-11 for the HTC Flyer.

Pre-sale for the HTC Flyer Begins April 24 at Best Buy for $499 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    suzi likes this.
    04-22-2011 01:29 PM
    So, do we call Best Buy to pre-order? I've never pre-ordered from BB before but definitely want to for the Flyer.
    04-23-2011 06:08 PM
    You could call and pre-order since Best Buy is CLOSED today, now hows that for stupid. Yes its Easter I know that, but its stupid to announce a pre-order start date on a major holiday you are closed on. I was out and there were stores open, but not the malls or stand alone Best Buy's. They should have announced the pre-order date as 4-25-11.
    04-24-2011 08:10 PM
    I didn't even think they'd be closed today for some reason.....LOL

I guess we would call tomorrow when they're actually open?
    04-24-2011 09:39 PM
    I had the same experience. When I checked the BB site, I found that they changed the date!

Statement: Best Buy Launches Pre-sale of Wi-Fi HTC Flyer – BBY.com

On 4/23, the site said 4/24. On 4/24, the site said 4/25.
    04-25-2011 12:07 AM
    04-25-2011 11:39 AM
    Thank you for the link

Just preordered mine!
    04-25-2011 12:41 PM

Gonna preorder when I get home
    04-25-2011 12:49 PM
    Now the question is: when will we be able to order/pre-order the pen? This tablet is nothing to me without the pen.
    04-25-2011 03:01 PM
    I've not found info as to when/where the pen is to be available, yapkuen; I surmise that the pen could be what has so lonnnng delayed the Flyer . . .

(Also, I can't imagine that the pen actually will not be included in the Flyer box.)

Another question I have regards the specs provided by BB; these surely can't be true but I hope they are true: downloadable ringtones, voice-activated dialing, etcetera, which seem to imply phone capabilities in the Flyer.
    04-25-2011 03:45 PM
    I've not found info as to when/where the pen is to be available, yapkuen; I surmise that the pen could be what has so lonnnng delayed the Flyer . . .

(Also, I can't imagine that the pen actually will not be included in the Flyer box.)

Another question I have regards the specs provided by BB; these surely can't be true but I hope they are true: downloadable ringtones, voice-activated dialing, etcetera, which seem to imply phone capabilities in the Flyer.
    I would've hoped that the pen would be in the box as well, but all of the more recent information I've read seems to suggest that the pen is optional and sold separately. It's certainly not included in the list of things in the box provided by Best Buy.

The phone stuff certainly is intriguing. The cynic in me wonders if some Best Buy employee didn't just do a hasty copy/paste job from another tablet or phone (perhaps the Dell Streak).
    04-25-2011 04:22 PM
    Yes, yapkuen, could've been a possible hasty copy/paste job; it is twice done--on the specs tab and on the overview tab.

Although I pre-ordered mine online about 12:06 a.m., I also went to the local BB about 12noon today to inquire about the expected store delivery date but the employees knew nothing about the Flyer--not even that it was to be available for pre-order today. I had hoped to pre-order one at the store too and then cancel my online order . . . but nada.

Re: the pen . . .
    I surely do hope SOMEone at BB is mistaken!
    04-25-2011 04:56 PM
    I pre ordered mine at BB in Alabama at 12PM today. I only had to give them a $50 deposit. Only one person in the store new that the flyer was available for pre order today. They said that it would be about a month before it would be in.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    04-25-2011 07:19 PM
    I'm a little confused as to why the Best Buy pre-order is only 16GB memory when the European pre-order seems to have 32

Specification - HTC Flyer Store United Kingdom
    04-25-2011 08:36 PM
    Maybe its a typo on the BB website and we'll actually be getting a 32GB......who knows...
    04-25-2011 08:41 PM
    I'm a little confused as to why the Best Buy pre-order is only 16GB memory when the European pre-order seems to have 32

Specification - HTC Flyer Store United Kingdom
    The wifi-only is from BB and is 16; the 32 is 3G or 4G (I haven't noticed which) from a specific carrier.
    04-25-2011 08:46 PM
    The wifi-only is from BB and is 16; the 32 is 3G or 4G (I haven't noticed which) from a specific carrier.
    4G (WiMAX) from Sprint, I believe, where it will be sold under the name HTC EVO View.

Also, on the pen issue, I stumbled across this first-look review from TabletPCReview.com, which claims they were given a pre-release unit in finalized packaging, and lo and behold, the "finalized packaging" includes a slot for the pen -- so hopefully, Best Buy will be shipping these things with pen in the box. The review does say that Sprint plans to sell the pen separately from the EVO View, so there's another reason to get WiFi only from BB.

EDIT: Forgot the link. http://www.tabletpcreview.com/defaul...news=HTC+Flyer
    04-26-2011 12:30 AM
    4G (WiMAX) from Sprint, I believe, where it will be sold under the name HTC EVO View.
    And here I am thinking the View was a totally seperate device from the Flyer
    04-26-2011 07:42 AM

Also, on the pen issue, I stumbled across this first-look review from TabletPCReview.com, which claims they were given a pre-release unit in finalized packaging, and lo and behold, the "finalized packaging" includes a slot for the pen -- so hopefully, Best Buy will be shipping these things with pen in the box. The review does say that Sprint plans to sell the pen separately from the EVO View, so there's another reason to get WiFi only from BB.

EDIT: Forgot the link. HTC Flyer First Look
    Thanks, yapkuen, for the TabletPCReview clue (which also states that the Flyer cannot be used as a phone). What a positive review! And I'm relieved to know that a (white) case, as well as the pen, is in the Flyer box (but not in the View box).

Now, if we could only get our hands-on sooner than May 22-27 . . .
    04-26-2011 12:34 PM
    Uh-oh, now the BB pre-order page is gone . . .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=WlmKfrIr

. . . with this announcement:
    Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Also, I noticed that BB refers to "the optional pen"---
    HTC Flyer Tablet
    04-26-2011 03:40 PM
    Uh-oh, now the BB pre-order page is gone . . .

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=1KLy-msS

. . . with this announcement:
    Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

I knew I should have pre-ordered it when I had the chance!!

I'll try to call.
    04-27-2011 11:40 AM

I knew I should have pre-ordered it when I had the chance!!

I'll try to call.
    My local Best Buy Mobile location was all loaded up with pre-order forms and signs letting people know that pre-order was available, so they probably just took the site down. Pre-order is still on, though.
    hummingbirdhill and VDub2174 like this.
    04-27-2011 11:32 PM
    My local Best Buy Mobile location was all loaded up with pre-order forms and signs letting people know that pre-order was available, so they probably just took the site down. Pre-order is still on, though.
    What a relief! Do you mind saying what area you are in?
    04-28-2011 09:31 AM
    What a relief! Do you mind saying what area you are in?
    I don't mind at all. I'm in Northern California, on the SF Bay peninsula. My local Best Buy is the one in San Carlos, CA.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    04-28-2011 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD