Pre-Order, Delivery, and Setup

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes you have and to your credit, your videos are listed numerous times on the internet and have been tweeted and retweeted

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
I'm not sure if you can just walk in and say "Gimme my Flyer." My local store seems to have a system set up where they call you (presumably they call people in the order that they pre-ordered, until the in-store stock runs out) and schedule an appointment for you to go in and pick up your reserved unit.

I was wondering about that...

They might have some units reserved for pre-orders and others reserved for people who stand in line? If I show up exactly when they open with my pre-order receipt, you think they'll give me one? Hmmm.

bouncing

Feb 28, 2011
kenkinder.com
I called Best Buy and they confirmed that at least in this store in Colorado, there are more units available than pre-orders, so even if you didn't pre-order, you should be able to get one if you show up early enough.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Posts are bouncing around like crazy, with people getting Flyer calls for pick up from Best Buy stores, so post if you have received a pick up notice or a shipping notification or are especially an owner.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Posts are bouncing around like crazy, with people getting Flyer calls for pick up from Best Buy stores, so post if you have received a pick up notice or a shipping notification or are especially an owner.

Got the call for pickup and already picked it up. First impression: build quality seems great!

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Woooo, got my Flyer. Did some practice scribbling in Notes, and it is pretty good. Only complaint about palm rejection is that you have to be a little careful about the timing -- palm rejection is not automatically turned on the minute Notes is fired up (because you have the option of typing with the touch keyboard in Notes, as well), so if your palm hits the screen before the pen tip does, the screen will register the capacitive touch and respond accordingly (bring up the keyboard, or perform some function if you hit a capacitive button). Once the pen tip hits, though, palm rejection kicks in and seems to stay kicked in; it even gives you a little margin of error when you pick up the pen tip to start a new paragraph, word, etc., but if you leave the pen tip off the screen too long, palm rejection turns off again in case you're planning to do something touch-related.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So the pen should be bought, YK? Thanks for the great description! :)

My personal opinion is yes. I was also impressed by the thinness of the pen -- from all the online images, I was kind of expecting the pen to be super fat. But it's actually only a little bit thicker than a typical ink pen. The sales rep who helped me at Best Buy did seem a bit surprised at the cost of the pen when he scanned it. I made it clear (in a kind way) that, yeah, the price was killing me. I doubt it'll make a difference up the line, but I had to say it on principle.

Another little oddity: the Flyer box came sealed with "HTC Void" stickers. I was able to actually lift those stickers off without tearing them, but inside the box, they also included a second set of those warranty seals for some reason. Were they expecting people to want to return their tablets??

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My personal opinion is yes. I was also impressed by the thinness of the pen -- from all the online images, I was kind of expecting the pen to be super fat. But it's actually only a little bit thicker than a typical ink pen. The sales rep who helped me at Best Buy did seem a bit surprised at the cost of the pen when he scanned it. I made it clear (in a kind way) that, yeah, the price was killing me. I doubt it'll make a difference up the line, but I had to say it on principle.

Another little oddity: the Flyer box came sealed with "HTC Void" stickers. I was able to actually lift those stickers off without tearing them, but inside the box, they also included a second set of those warranty seals for some reason. Were they expecting people to want to return their tablets??

Thank you for this pen info. You did good with the rep. Stickers (double set) = interesting . . .

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Pre-order switch to In-store Pickup

I finally reached a very helpful Best Buy on-line services person and she explained that starting tomorrow you would be able to change your order to an in-store pickup. She explained that order fulfillment (shipping) or changes to in-store pickup cannot be made until the inventory is made available in their system. So basically at this point they cannot see the inventory in the store, even though it may be there, so they cannot change it to in-store pickup. Tomorrow they will be able to see the inventory and can make the change assuring you that it is at the store for pickup. Congratulations to those of you who were fortunate enough to have been able to pre-order for in-store pickup, the rest of us will have to deal with the Best Buy system.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I finally reached a very helpful Best Buy on-line services person and she explained that starting tomorrow you would be able to change your order to an in-store pickup. She explained that order fulfillment (shipping) or changes to in-store pickup cannot be made until the inventory is made available in their system. So basically at this point they cannot see the inventory in the store, even though it may be there, so they cannot change it to in-store pickup. Tomorrow they will be able to see the inventory and can make the change assuring you that it is at the store for pickup. Congratulations to those of you who were fortunate enough to have been able to pre-order for in-store pickup, the rest of us will have to deal with the Best Buy system.

I will check out the stickers, I called the Best Buy store in Valdosta, GA and they are holding a Flyer for me, so I am on the way to get it.

:)

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
After cancelling my pre-order last night and picking up a Flyer instore on my way home this eve, I can hardly wait to boot it up. The store had no Scribe pens---except the one that came in the box with the store demo unit which I saw being unboxed. So I'll get to know this surprisingly heavy(!) device and hope 'twill be useful to me in my online teaching and grading papers. The store manager (who grew up with my three sons), has been waiting for the Flyers to come in and I watched him play with the store demo one for a few minutes. He said, "We will get you a pen." So, now I'm off to fly for a little while . . . :)

P.S. SP, what're you thinkin'???

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech