On my Flyer, from time to time, the capacitive "home buttons" (home, menu, back) become non-functional. Sometimes flipping the orientation back and forth will cause them to work again, others not. Sometimes locking and unlocking the device will bring back the functionality, other times not.

Sometimes, it seems like the presses are not registering, but then later they all happen automatically one after the other in quick succession. By this I mean, I start reading a web page or some other app and all of a sudden the Flyer goes crazy doing different things that I pressed earlier and I feel the haptic feedback, even though I'm not currently pressing anything.

Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking I'll try to exchange it at BB this weekend when I get home. Anyone know what the exchange policy at BB will be like?

Thanks!
    05-25-2011 07:53 PM
    No, they appear to work fine for me. I don't get any response lag either. Sounds like there might be something wrong with yours. Mayb a factory reset would help?
    05-26-2011 01:18 PM
    Anyone that can instruct me on the procedure for a factory reset? The instructions in the manual I downloaded (hold volume down and press power...) don't seem to do anything.
    05-26-2011 01:39 PM
    Anyone that can instruct me on the procedure for a factory reset? The instructions in the manual I downloaded (hold volume down and press power...) don't seem to do anything.
    HTC Flyer - Resetting HTC Flyer
    05-26-2011 02:02 PM
    On my Flyer, from time to time, the capacitive "home buttons" (home, menu, back) become non-functional. Sometimes flipping the orientation back and forth will cause them to work again, others not. Sometimes locking and unlocking the device will bring back the functionality, other times not.

Sometimes, it seems like the presses are not registering, but then later they all happen automatically one after the other in quick succession. By this I mean, I start reading a web page or some other app and all of a sudden the Flyer goes crazy doing different things that I pressed earlier and I feel the haptic feedback, even though I'm not currently pressing anything.

Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking I'll try to exchange it at BB this weekend when I get home. Anyone know what the exchange policy at BB will be like?

Thanks!
    The buttons are app-specific . . .
    05-26-2011 02:03 PM
    Factory reset didn't solve issue. Just got back from exchanging at local BB. Hopefully, troubles will be gone.

Thank you.

By the way, the directions for the hard reset using the buttons simply didn't work for me. However, holding down the 'volume down' button during a reboot did the trick.
    05-26-2011 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD