Try the Targus case-works well for Flyer with pen holder

DaveGPhx

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I found a suitable leather folio case for the Flyer and it works quite well and it even has a pen holder inside the case for the "magic pen." I found it at Staples and it was designed for the BB playbook; however, the flyer fits perfectly inside of it and it does not distract from the magic pen icon either in portrait or landscape mode. Targus makes this case and I found it at the BB playbook display case. The off/on button is easily accessible and the volume controls are only partially covered (just a bit on the top volume but still can press it to control volume). Another added plus is that is has a built in stand with three positions so that you can view for movies/videos. It is leather and it is sturdy. It is a bit bulkier than the rocketfish case but it is sturdier and feels great and the Flyer is very protected. Of course, it does not have a camera opening; however, I would imagine a hole punch would work fine or you can take it out of the case easily to snap photos if you so desired!

I have been very happy with it. It has a pen holder! Some pictures are attached...definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:

smaug#WN

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It's buttugly closed but also is the best case I've seen that is comfortable to hold open,holds the pen and allows access to all the buttons. The m-case look executive leather case also holds the pen but is uncomfortable to hold open.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
What about the microphones? It looks like they may be covered with this case. Has anyone tried audio recording with this case? Thanks.

npath

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I got the RocketFish leather portfolio case, which is very nice, but way overpriced in my opinion. The RocketFish case has a nice, small form factor, but has no place to put the expensive pen. Have you compared the two cases?

atlantanorth

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Got Mine Yesterday

I got the Targus case also and it works fantastic. I rarely use the rear camera so far and can always take it out of the case if I do. But other than that the case is great - fits fine - i cut a piece of the foam that came with the case and slipped it into the bottom holding area to give it spring and a tighter fit when the Flyer is inserted and that has worked great!

kentpav

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
No pen holder??!!

Stopped in at Staples where I live today. Saw two Blackberry Playbook cases, being sold for that device...must admit I didn't check to see if they were by Targus...but I assume they were. The models were the "convertible" and the "journal". Neither had a pen holder. I'm stumped.

khsstud04

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I found a suitable leather folio case for the Flyer and it works quite well and it even has a pen holder inside the case for the "magic pen." I found it at Staples and it was designed for the BB playbook; however, the flyer fits perfectly inside of it and it does not distract from the magic pen icon either in portrait or landscape mode. Targus makes this case and I found it at the BB playbook display case. The off/on button is easily accessible and the volume controls are only partially covered (just a bit on the top volume but still can press it to control volume). Another added plus is that is has a built in stand with three positions so that you can view for movies/videos. It is leather and it is sturdy. It is a bit bulkier than the rocketfish case but it is sturdier and feels great and the Flyer is very protected. Of course, it does not have a camera opening; however, I would imagine a hole punch would work fine or you can take it out of the case easily to snap photos if you so desired!

I have been very happy with it. It has a pen holder! Some pictures are attached...definitely worth checking out.

Thanks for sharing the great information!

kentpav

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
The point of my post wasn't very well made. I'm just saying that I went to Staples to find the case shown in DaveGPhx's post....but they didn't have it (no pen holder.) Has anyone found it at other, specific, retailers? Thanks in advance. The pen holder is the key for me.

Guessing more options for cases will be popping up on the web in short order. Would be good to keep this thread alive with any good additions.

DaveGPhx

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Staples does carry them. If you go online and search for "targus" it will appear. It is a leather truss case. It sells for 44.99 and once you select it you can select the "check store availability" option and type in your zip code. It will show which ones have them in stock. I am in the Phoenix area and all of them show in stock. SKU is 092636260880. Good luck!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon