Flyer won't power up

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I placed the device on its charger last night, and the green light was on, indicating a full charge. But I can't power up the device regardless of what I do.

And last night, I attempted to download a few apps from the market. Each time, it indicated an in-process download, but quit within seconds, and the apps didn't show up on the device.

Any ideas? I'll probably return it and get an Iconia instead. I like the smaller form factor, though, and have even thought of getting another Galaxy Tab or waiting for the release of the 8.9" model.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I placed the device on its charger last night, and the green light was on, indicating a full charge. But I can't power up the device regardless of what I do.

And last night, I attempted to download a few apps from the market. Each time, it indicated an in-process download, but quit within seconds, and the apps didn't show up on the device.

Any ideas? I'll probably return it and get an Iconia instead. I like the smaller form factor, though, and have even thought of getting another Galaxy Tab or waiting for the release of the 8.9" model.
Try HTC Support. Open 6:00 am- 1:00 am EDT 7 days a week. 866-449-8358. My guees is that they will have you pull the battery. Let us know.

caledonian

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
I had the same issue, and called HTC support. The guy told me that the power off is akin to hibernating on a PC, and suggested a restart at least once a week will help keep the device 'stable'. Restart is the equivalent of powering down and pulling the battery in other Android devices and then powering up again.

Last edited:

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Try booting into recovery and doing a factory reset:

Hold the Volume Down button
Press the Power button until the device turns on
Select Factory Reset by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button

Trace Mc D

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Wobblin30

Try booting into recovery and doing a factory reset:

Hold the Volume Down button
Press the Power button until the device turns on
Select Factory Reset by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button

I have tried this it doesnt power on but it does have a quick short red light flashing once then does nothing any other ideas as to what I can try to get my HTC Flyer working again ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx