video chats?

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Quick question and it's probably been answered. What's the best video chat app to use on this tablet? Wife and me just picked this up and were test driving for the 14 days BB is giving us to use. I am personally gonna get EVO tab when available, and this is the one she preferred right now. Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping that Skype or Qik would come out for the Flyer. Would be nice to at least get google video chat running on it. Of course I am notgong to hold my breath for Skype to launch video chat. I know Thunderbolt users are still waiting for an official version andthat was originally advertised for launch with that phone.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tango installed, but am unsure how to get this thing running, as its asking for a number and Iam only using this thing for WiFi. Any way of bypassing this? :confused:

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tango installed, but am unsure how to get this thing running, as its asking for a number and Iam only using this thing for WiFi. Any way of bypassing this? :confused:

Use the same phone number that you have registered for tango on your EVO 4G. Then store your contacts and thieir phone numbers on your flyer. Then go into the tango app and hit refresh contacts and it should work. Hope this helps.

Randall@Tango

Apr 15, 2011
support.tango.me

With the way Tango is currently constructed, it is recommended for you to register with different information for each device you have Tango installed. Please register your HTC Flyer with a secondary phone number (such as a google voice or home phone number) and secondary email address. That specific email will be used for your friends to Tango with you on your Flyer while your other information will be used for your phone.

By doing this, Tango will know which device to call without any complications.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: adamm44

shadohh

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have skype on my flyer.

I was hoping that Skype or Qik would come out for the Flyer. Would be nice to at least get google video chat running on it. Of course I am notgong to hold my breath for Skype to launch video chat. I know Thunderbolt users are still waiting for an official version andthat was originally advertised for launch with that phone.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Tango is not working. Will not allow setup as I do not have any other cell or number to use. Any other suggestions??? This does factor into me keeping this little tablet... I also would love to not have to get another number to do any video chats. Thanks guys:cool:

adamm44

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
With the way Tango is currently constructed, it is recommended for you to register with different information for each device you have Tango installed. Please register your HTC Flyer with a secondary phone number (such as a google voice or home phone number) and secondary email address. That specific email will be used for your friends to Tango with you on your Flyer while your other information will be used for your phone.

By doing this, Tango will know which device to call without any complications.

Hope this helps!

I went back and re-setup tango with a number from Google voice. It was really simple setting up a Google voice account. That worked for me. Thanks Randall@Tango.

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I went back and re-setup tango with a number from Google voice. It was really simple setting up a Google voice account. That worked for me. Thanks Randall@Tango.

Will be trying sometime tonight. But the wife isnt sure now if she wants to keep it. I am fer sure getting the EVO View when its out. Will work great for me in my businees. (Jewelry sales and designs:) She has her ehhh moments on why she likes and hates it. But I will definatley look into google voice. Thanks all for the input. :)

fsv57

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Can someone put up a link to either Skype or tango apk? Won't download from the market on my flyer. Thanks in advance!

fsv57

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi fsv57,

May I ask what kind of error you are experiencing when trying to download Tango? It should be available on the Market.

Thanks

It says "Your Item will be downloaded" then shows in the notification bar that it is downloading and then goes away and is not in my downloaded apps.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

fsv57

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
got it to work, I dont really know what how it worked. I shut the tablet down, loaded into bootloader and then did a shutdown from there. after I powered up it worked like a charm.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The quality of my front facing camera is terrible. How is the quality on other Flyers? Maybe I got a lemon...

No one has found the front facing camera to be impressive on the Flyer. If I need a picture I usually use my HTC Incredible.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

swixtwix

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No one has found the front facing camera to be impressive on the Flyer. If I need a picture I usually use my HTC Incredible.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

Just curious since there is so much chatter about getting video chat working...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz