BestBuy- Flyer with free pen- Anyone else PO'd???

arwen_in_nj

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Heard an ad on the radio- BestBuy was running a special. Buy the Flyer and get the Scribe Pen free. A stick in the eye to those of use who pre-ordered our Flyer!

Thinking of writing a letter to the big wigs at BB Customer Service. Anyone else ticked off about this?

:mad:

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Cool, keep us updated, im gonna be calling my local bestbuy as well to see if its true, if I can save 80$, I might get the Flyer.
If this were true, it would be within the 14 day return period and everyone who purchased one would be returning theirs. I cannot believe any company would do that.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Wish my area had the same deal. Will make things a bit crazy for them if they endup doing this across the country.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Pissed? Not really - yet.

I have emailed and contacted Best Buy through Facebook and Twitter. I will also contact my local store today. Actually, I am printing out the promo and going taking it to my Best Buy store on the way home. I am buying my Flyer today.

I know they may not be able to match another store - but it is worth a shot. What they will do is this - price match. Best Buy has helped me out several times with this. I bought a laptop for my wife a couple of years ago. A month later, the same laptop - same price, but it came with a FREE Wii system! Free! So, I took my receipt back and they gave me a Wii on the spot.

Back in 2009, I bought my Palm Pre for 200 bucks. A couple of months later, they were selling it for 99 bucks for a weekend sale (which turned out to be a company-wide pricing mistake). I took my receipt to customer service, and they refunded my credit card the hundred bucks on the spot!

So, what I am saying is - maybe soon this free pen promo will hit your city. For me - it is Atlanta. When it does - take your receipt back to Best Buy and they will (most likely) honor the special and refund your initial pen purchase. OR give you another pen - which you could resell or keep as a back-up.

If I hear any good news - I will reply back here.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got a reply from the Best Buy (via Facebook)

This is actually the first I have heard of this particular promotion, but I am currently looking into it to see if other stores are offering a similar promotion. As soon as I have more information that I can provide, I will be certain to let you know.

Cross your fingers!

kat3k

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you guys very much for the original tip off to the sale. We are probably all within our 14 day return period. I am on the west coast and called my local BB to give them the option of price matching. They said it's not in their region. I called BB.com and they said their system would not allow for the "free" pen. So I returned my Flyer locally today and called around in the DC area until I found a store that would ship it (and my free pen) to me!

Thank you, thank you very much. I really resented that pen at the $80 price, but can now love it.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Kat3K,

That is awesome. I would be curious which location that was - because I could do the same thing. I went to my local store here in Atlanta yesterday and showed them the printed page with the promotion on it. The GM came around and did "what he could" but because it was in the mid-atlantic region and not mine - he couldn't honor the promotion. He did give me 10% off the pen though (which is better than nothing, I guess).

Anyway - I am just curious with shipping and DC (or Maryland or Virginia) taxes - how much was the total you paid? AND more importantly - which DC-area location did you order it from?

thanks!

kat3k

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it was in VA. I would hate for some clerk to get in trouble for doing a nice thing. Some stores say that is not their policy. The point is, look up "BB, Washington, DC", and call around. I'm sure there are several stores that would do it. It seems it's totally up to the individual. Some clerks at stores having the promotion are not aware of the offer so you need to have them check. When they ship, sales tax is automatically charged for the state where you live. And there is a shipping charge of course. And I think this offer is for this week only. Good luck.

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, fair enough. So - can you give me a ballpark of what shipping was for you?
Since you are West Coast, I know shipping to me will be less. That will give me
a good idea whether it will be worth it for me to go through the return process or
not.

The GM also told me that if Best Buy does this promotion in the region or nationwide
within the next couple of months, to come back in and they would refund the purchase
of the pen. Seeing that I bought the Flyer yesterday from the BB near work (26 miles
away) and I am not going back to work until Monday (once this promotion in DC expires)
I may wait and see if they give the pen for free over the next couple of months.

Thanks again, and good work!

kat3k

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I think the shipping might be flat rate, and it was about $8 for the flyer plus about $5 for the pen, a little under $13 total. With the price of gas, shipping sounds like a good deal even if you're shopping more locally.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Holy crap -- just saw this. I bought my Flyer from a store in Northern Virginia on Saturday, 5/21. I'm taking my receipt back and getting credit for the pen!

Princeps

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I got nowhere on this with the manager of the smartphone/tablet section at the Tenleytown Best Buy. He was polite about it, but his response was that if it is not being advertised on the BB website, then he can't honor it.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I got nowhere on this with the manager of the smartphone/tablet section at the Tenleytown Best Buy. He was polite about it, but his response was that if it is not being advertised on the BB website, then he can't honor it.

I went to the Fair Lakes Best Buy last night. Without hesitation, the guy took my receipt, did a return for the Flyer and pen, and resold me the Flyer and processed the transaction for the free pen. No fuss, no muss.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc