"unable to scan for networks"....

fabkite

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I used my Flyer for a week now, w/o any problem.

today as I got back home, it could not connect to the Wifi.

It somehow finds the network, connects to the default one (my access point) for a second and then immediately deconnects and says "unable to scan for networks"... tried to reboot and other few things but still the same problem...
other forums dedicated to other Droid's devices mention this issue but i can't read any understandable solution...

anyone can help?

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I used my Flyer for a week now, w/o any problem.

today as I got back home, it could not connect to the Wifi.

It somehow finds the network, connects to the default one (my access point) for a second and then immediately deconnects and says "unable to scan for networks"... tried to reboot and other few things but still the same problem...
other forums dedicated to other Droid's devices mention this issue but i can't read any understandable solution...

anyone can help?

First try it on another WiFi network, to issolate it to your network, then read on for some of the issues I have found with the Flyer accessing WiFi networks. So with that said, I have found when you are using and "end point' or an "extender" as your access point, you will have issues maintaining a connection with the Flyer. Basically if you have a main router (which may be WiFi enabled as well) and you have an end point or extender and the main router is handeling the DHCP, this is where the problem originates. If the end point is a router with DHCP turned off, you can set it to another subnet and turn on DHCP and you will eliminate your problem with internet access. If you need both routers set to the same subnet for network sharing, you make sure your DHCP ranges on the two routers do not overlap and connect the two routers by the LAN ports.