BT Keyboard?

suzi

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
anyone with recommendations? experience, even? I am almost too the place where I can travel without my laptop, but I still have enough big documents to work on that a physical keyboard would be really helpful.

thanks in advance, suzi

thetanktheory

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So far I am pretty happy using the Apple bluetooth keyboard with my flyer. It matches the motif too. I plan on building a laptop style dock for it soon.

thetanktheory

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
When you scan for devices in your bluetooth settings on the Flyer it will find the keyboard, then just select to pair with it, you will get a prompt to type a character string on the keyboard. After that it should be "Paired but not connected". mash a few keys on the keyboard and it'll connect fully. This is the only time you have to go through this process.

I'm working on figuring out how to fix some of the key mappings and possibly assign a back button, etc. I'm also working on making a "laptop" dock for the Flyer. I'll be posting about it in the forums and on my blog @ www.this8bitlife.com.

arwen_in_nj

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Bumping this one up, now that the Flyer has been out a while. Anyone have a BT keyboard they are using that they particularly like- without supporting Appl*? ;-)

skoullias

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
When you scan for devices in your bluetooth settings on the Flyer it will find the keyboard, then just select to pair with it, you will get a prompt to type a character string on the keyboard. After that it should be "Paired but not connected". mash a few keys on the keyboard and it'll connect fully. This is the only time you have to go through this process.

I'm working on figuring out how to fix some of the key mappings and possibly assign a back button, etc. I'm also working on making a "laptop" dock for the Flyer. I'll be posting about it in the forums and on my blog @ www.this8bitlife.com.
Thanks @thetanktheroy. The pairing worked using the steps you included. I had to disconnect my keyboard from the computer --by turning it off-- and unpair my mac from my flyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech