Any way to fix or repair a scratch?

Bigum1969

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the usual scratches on my flyer from using the pen...

But, I recently dropped the end of a USB cable on the glass by accident and it left a pretty good scratch/gouge...

Is there any way to repair this? Can you send it someplace for new glass?

I have to say, the glass on the flyer is not tough. I have an iPad2 and a G Slate that have seen worse without a mark.

That being said, I love my flyer and want to know if it can be fixed. It is only cosmetic and doesn't affect performance.

Thanks folks.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
that's disappointing to hear the glass is so fragile just from writing with the pen, which is an intended function for this device.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Damn dude, you don't have to mash down on it. I realize I just got my pen last yesterday, but I used the hell out of it and don't have any scratches or marks. The tip of the pen is plastic, which is softer than the glass, so it's not going to scratch it.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the usual scratches on my flyer from using the pen...

But, I recently dropped the end of a USB cable on the glass by accident and it left a pretty good scratch/gouge...

Is there any way to repair this? Can you send it someplace for new glass?

I have to say, the glass on the flyer is not tough. I have an iPad2 and a G Slate that have seen worse without a mark.

That being said, I love my flyer and want to know if it can be fixed. It is only cosmetic and doesn't affect performance.

Thanks folks.

If you look at the thread Screen Protector in this forum, Suzi had a similar problem and applied a screen protector to cover the scratch. Although she never reported if it improved the cosmetics, I would think it would smooth out the scratch. I think it is cheap insurance for anyone to add a screen protector to their Flyer. Also buy a good quality screen protector, from Skinomi or Zagg, but from the posts I have seen skip the skins for the body of the Flyer. I use a screen protector and a TPU case which does add some weight, but the positive grip and protection from the TPU case is well worth it for me. The Flyer with the TPU case and my pen and headphones (dropped into a small padded bag) fit nicely into a Body Glove e-reader carrying case. Keep us posted on your progress.

Skinomi TechSkin - HTC Flyer Tablet Screen Protector

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of screen protectors, but if the pen does in fact leave an indelible mark on my screen, I'll be getting one.

I don't think I have heard of anyone actually scoring the screen on the Flyer with the pen. I use the screen protector as a safeguard against scratches from rings, watch bands, and foreign objects.

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree with putting on a screen protector to cover the marks. I used to have a PSP, got a couple scratches and a screen protector made them unnoticeable!

The pack of three anti-glare protectors on Amazon for my Flyer makes it a little easier to use the pen (paper-like resistance) and cuts glare in sun.

Reactions: girlySara

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I never got around to getting a screen protector - I have just been living with it and been *really* careful with it since then. sorry......

I am corrected, Suzi "did not" apply a screen protector and "has" reported back to the forum. :)

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

swixtwix

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a matte screen protector, but found it to dull the screen too much. Maybe there are better anti-glare protectors, but the "crystal clear" type keeps the screen bright and vivid.

Very surprised people aren't putting screen protectors on the device... I paid an ARM and leg for mine... Would hate to have it scratched after only a month.

Reactions: girlySara

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois