New Radio..

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
This radio is the one that came from the 2.1 release.Please read this how to before flashing.Make sure you aleast have 30% battery.
First,download the new radio.zip. Place it on root of your sdcard.
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download NewRadio.zip

Reboot into recovery.
Select flash zip from sdcard.
Choose newradio.zip

Once its done itll say at bottom of screen that you need to reboot to complete installation.Select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW
After you click reboot.It will say writing radio image.
It will reboot your phone with a pic of a box with a phone and a arrow
Your phone will sit on this screen for 30 seconds.Don't touch it let it do its thing.When its done your phone will reboot itself into recovery
At the bottom of the screen it'll say(formatting cache) and a little stauts bar will be there for a few seconds.
When the status bar goes away everything is complete.
Select reboot system now.
When you reboot it might take a little extra time.
Once its fully booted,go to
Settings>About phone>Software information
Baseband Version should now be-2.42.01.04.27

If you have any questions,no matter how crazy,just post and ill do best i can to help you out.
Thanks goes to gbhil for all his help and how to's that have made it possible for me to do stuff like this.

Last edited:

jbc28

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Does this new radio suffer from the audio dropout problem? I still get it with occasionally while running option 4. I have both fixes. Neither one works 100%.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Does this new radio suffer from the audio dropout problem? I still get it with occasionally while running option 4. I have both fixes. Neither one works 100%.

The audio loss problem is in the boot.img,the radio has nothing to do with that,so you'll probably still have the problem.:(

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So, i am a bit confused now..

What is the difference between this version and Kool-Aid--2.1 sugar free version?

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed a couple different radios in the past and never really noticed a difference.

Is there any documented improvement that people have between different radios? Just curious (and trying to decide whether I'm ambitious enough to flash this tonight lol)

ironnikki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed your Sugar-Free Koolaid ROM, and so far so good, Beezy! I'm curious as to how this radio might help (if at all). I've heard some horror stories about how flashing a new radio incorrectly screwed up the phone permanently, so unless there's a definite bonus to be gained from this, I think I might pass. Is this worth the risk?

Thanks!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed a couple different radios in the past and never really noticed a difference.

Is there any documented improvement that people have between different radios? Just curious (and trying to decide whether I'm ambitious enough to flash this tonight lol)

Im not sure if there is documented proof,I can say for me i have a little better signal.Things could be different for you since your in a different area.

I've flashed your Sugar-Free Koolaid ROM, and so far so good, Beezy! I'm curious as to how this radio might help (if at all). I've heard some horror stories about how flashing a new radio incorrectly screwed up the phone permanently, so unless there's a definite bonus to be gained from this, I think I might pass. Is this worth the risk?

Thanks!

I was kinda worried about that at first.Thats why i tried to walk threw it,im sure it could of been wrote a lot better.As long as you take your time and follow the how to you should be fine.Don't freakout when you see the phone and box and keep your eye on the screen at the end so you can see the status bar,cause it doesn't say formatting complete and i sat there for a few min. waiting like a fool.lol

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed this new radio and it does seem to work better out in my neck of the woods so just wanted to say thanks Beezy420.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed this new radio and it does seem to work better out in my neck of the woods so just wanted to say thanks Beezy420.

Hey no problem just doing my part trying to help the community and help everyone have the most bada** hero they can.:cool:

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
So, i was about to flash the new radio, but ran into a program. Ever since i flashed into Kool Aid sugar free version i can't seem to access the root menu. Whenever i plug my phone in it says found new hardware with msg "windows needs to install driver software for your ADB" Does that mean i need to go back into Android SDK and update the USB package ?

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
So, i was about to flash the new radio, but ran into a program. Ever since i flashed into Kool Aid sugar free version i can't seem to access the root menu. Whenever i plug my phone in it says found new hardware with msg "windows needs to install driver software for your ADB" Does that mean i need to go back into Android SDK and update the USB package ?

Okay I had the same problem. It took me forever to figure it out. I would say yes you will need to update the driver. I am running Linux so my solution might be different than yours. In the end I was able to fix this by using the command line. Once you open the command line cd:/android-sdk/tools. Once in there you will need to run the command "android" this will bring up a updater device to update the adb that is probably old. I applied all of the updates which was extremely unnecessary and took about 2 hours. Unfortanatley because i did this I am not positive which package it was that I installed but do know that it installed a new adb program.

It might be easier to just download the newest android sdk and install it.

Hope this helps

klopinator

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed the radio Beezy posted in the first link.

Now running Beezy's Sugarfree Kool-Aid 2.1 with Baseband 2.42.01.04.27, looks fine so far. No testimony about improvements yet, but it was easy as pie. Just a little weird for a sec when it takes you to recovery again, but if you follow B's directions you're good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad