Ok, newbie question here on flashing.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and rooted today, and decided to go with honeybun v2 lite for my rom, now, how do I reboot my hero into recovery? I just can't figure it out. also, any tips on avoiding possible pitfalls while doing this? Thanks!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and rooted today, and decided to go with honeybun v2 lite for my rom, now, how do I reboot my hero into recovery? I just can't figure it out. also, any tips on avoiding possible pitfalls while doing this? Thanks!

To enter recovery power off phone. Then holding home key press power continue to hold home till recovery comes up.
Just make sure to wipe and you should be okay.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
shutdown. Hold home, hit end-call. Green Recovery screen should come up.

also, if u have the SDK up and running, plug in and type "adb reboot recovery". it will do it for you.

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Thanks, guys. About 2 seconds after I posted this, I figured it out. :[ I did it through the sdk, but it's good to know how to do it without a pc handy. :)

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I usually hold the volume down key and then hit power, as this seems to boot into recovery faster than using the home key does.

gamy2121

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Also For anyone having trouble booting into recovery theres a nice lil app called quickboot that will do it for you..lets you goto recovery, reboot and bootloader..

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, another one. :)

What, exactly, do I need to wipe before I flash another ROM? Truthfully, I didn't wipe anything on the first one, although, while playing around, I did manage to wipe all of my user data. :) That will teach me. At least it was just that and not something really important.

darchenwar44

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, another one. :)

What, exactly, do I need to wipe before I flash another ROM? Truthfully, I didn't wipe anything on the first one, although, while playing around, I did manage to wipe all of my user data. :) That will teach me. At least it was just that and not something really important.

Typically, you want to run:
Wipe Data/Factory reset - wipes everything in settings/rom
Wipe Dalvik Cache - wipes all app data still there

There's a sticky in this forum on what the options are in the recovery. I don't use apps2sd, so I don't wipe ext.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Wipe Data and the Dalvik cache. You'll be good to go. wipe EXT only if you were using AP2SD on the prior Rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01