SD Car Removal Makes Phone faster...Why?

chompy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Before I rooted and afterwards, it is still the case that removing the SD card makes the phone run much faster and smoother. Is there some junk on my card slowing down the phone or is it just that my 8gb card is almost full, so it is just the perma-archiving of it that slows it down?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
If its almost full then thats the problem. clean it up get it down to 4 GBS and it will pick up some speed.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
just move it to your pc. i did that while i was waiting for my 16gb card to come in the mail. then i deleted a bunch of ROMS and stuff. when the new one came in i copied less to the same folder on the pc and moved all to the new card

chompy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah i mean i have a bunch of music and stuff i want to have on there so i can listen to it. i'll just have to get a bigger one

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i do nandroids before every rom every flash, they take up ALOT of room so look there as well. drag to pc and remove that trash. :)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
with larger cards (I noticed this a bit with my 16gb card) it scans the card and the larger the capacity the longer the scanning for changes in data, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad