Holy crap I'm lost - I just want 2.2

RethX

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
IcedHoneyBun v3.whatever is loading right now. To "flash google stuff", do I basically just do exactly what I just did with the ROM and it just installs the Google stuff? I'm assuming I wouldn't need to wipe beforehand?

I could be wrong but I think Beezy left the google stuff in it, afaik he only takes out the sprint crap.

But yeah if you need to flash something its the same thing, go into recovery and do it, just don't wipe :)

aaron1981

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.
If your looking for a rom without sense i would go to xda and get the one darchstar has [Rom] Darchdroid v2.7 "KangSlayer" | Complete, OC'd, MMS, Camera, Everything!! - xda-developers darch knows what he's doing,and he does amazing work.

Hi, I just loaded Darchdroid 2.7 and it's great! Question though, I can't seem to find the screen where I enter my Gmail account information in order to get my contacts, calendar, etc. syncing.

It's really weird. I couldn't find it in settings, so then I went to Contacts and tried to add an account, but it only lets me add an Exchange account there. I added my Gmail in the Email app, but that isn't getting my contacts syncing either.

Anyone know if I am missing something totally obvious?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong but I think Beezy left the google stuff in it, afaik he only takes out the sprint crap.

But yeah if you need to flash something its the same thing, go into recovery and do it, just don't wipe :)
Ahhh I get it. Wiping is like a quick format - and flashing just pushes folders and files into their respective directories?

Anyway - I have IcedHoneyBun-v.3.6 installed, but to be honest I don't notice a single difference except the ability to have multiple browser windows and the WiFi hotspot thing... I still have Sense, all the Google stuff, all the Sprint stuff, it doesn't seem any faster... I don't see any way to uninstall the Sprint stuff manually (you said that there was a file manager to do that?) and I don't see any way to store apps2sd.

What the heck? Did I mess something up or do something wrong? The one hiccup I had was that when I went to wipe the dalvik or whatever the phone told me to do it through root - and I didn't; I just continued. Does that matter?

UPDATE: I guess it still wiped the dalvik - http://android.modaco.com/content/h...5/error-run-wipe-dalvik-via-adb/#entry1170239

Last edited:

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying the DarchDroid right now - basically only because it doesn't have Sense UI. I'm afraid that I will really miss the Sense Keyboard, though... How can I get it back?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just loaded Darchdroid 2.7 and it's great! Question though, I can't seem to find the screen where I enter my Gmail account information in order to get my contacts, calendar, etc. syncing.

It's really weird. I couldn't find it in settings, so then I went to Contacts and tried to add an account, but it only lets me add an Exchange account there. I added my Gmail in the Email app, but that isn't getting my contacts syncing either.

Anyone know if I am missing something totally obvious?

After flashing the rom you have to flash the google sh*ts he has in his post.Read the whole first post,it tells you the process.

Ahhh I get it. Wiping is like a quick format - and flashing just pushes folders and files into their respective directories?

Anyway - I have IcedHoneyBun-v.3.6 installed, but to be honest I don't notice a single difference except the ability to have multiple browser windows and the WiFi hotspot thing... I still have Sense, all the Google stuff, all the Sprint stuff, it doesn't seem any faster... I don't see any way to uninstall the Sprint stuff manually (you said that there was a file manager to do that?) and I don't see any way to store apps2sd.

What the heck? Did I mess something up or do something wrong? The one hiccup I had was that when I went to wipe the dalvik or whatever the phone told me to do it through root - and I didn't; I just continued. Does that matter?

UPDATE: I guess it still wiped the dalvik - Error : Run 'wipe dalvik' via adb! - Android @ MoDaCo

Did you read the whole first post on HoneyBun.It tells you how to use Astro to delete sprint crap.As for apps2sd you need to partition your sdcard with a Ext2 or 3.Then apps2sd is automatic.

I'm trying the DarchDroid right now - basically only because it doesn't have Sense UI. I'm afraid that I will really miss the Sense Keyboard, though... How can I get it back?

To get back a stock keyboard grab the one from the HoneyBun thread and try it flashing it(just do a backup).

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Did you read the whole first post on HoneyBun.It tells you how to use Astro to delete sprint crap.

I did - I guess I was just under the impression that it was already installed... So you have just written in the ability to delete them and then I need to get Astro, correct?

To get back a stock keyboard grab the one from the HoneyBun thread and try it flashing it(just do a backup).

That's the one that you called X-Keyboard or something yeah?

And what utilities can be used to overclock if using the Darchdroid ROM (or ensure that the CPU is back to normal?)

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I did - I guess I was just under the impression that it was already installed... So you have just written in the ability to delete them and then I need to get Astro, correct?

Yeap,you just grab it from the market,i try not to include market apps in my roms.

That's the one that you called X-Keyboard or something yeah?

Yeah i think its named stock keyboard at the bottom of the post.

And what utilities can be used to overclock if using the Darchdroid ROM (or ensure that the CPU is back to normal?)

There's two apps setcpu or overclock widget both in the market.I would go with overclock its pretty simple to set up.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap - I'm running at 710!? What is the normal CPU setting for this thing? I don't wanna burn through my battery all day long!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap - I'm running at 710!? What is the normal CPU setting for this thing? I don't wanna burn through my battery all day long!

You'd be suprized that it wouldn't kill the battery like you think it would.Stock is 528 on,the lowest stock goes is 128 with screen off.I would try it for the day without any overclock widget darch set it up to scale properly without it.Then try it a day with a widget with the settings you want and see how things go.I have Iced crancked up to 768 and my battery last just as long as before.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Alright... I'll give it a whirl... Seems like it has gone through a LOT of my battery already today, but I also have been constantly flashing it and rebooting and installing things.

I think I'm addicted...

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright... I'll give it a whirl... Seems like it has gone through a LOT of my battery already today, but I also have been constantly flashing it and rebooting and installing things.

I think I'm addicted...

LOL,welcome to the club!!! I'm beezy and i have a addiction.Charge your battery to full then run darch with just regular use,flashing eats the battery.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok - I flashed your XKeyboard, but I still have the default Android one? Is there a way to select a different keyboard or did it not flash correctly? ...Or maybe your XKeyboard isn't compatible with Darch?

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Actually... I think I figured it out - but it never appears and then force closes every time I try to use it.

Any ideas?

aaron1981

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After flashing the rom you have to flash the google sh*ts he has in his post.Read the whole first post,it tells you the process.

Thanks Beezy, that worked perfectly. I guess I misinterpreted what the optional google sh*ts was referring to.

I really like the non-Sense UI! Not sure if this is a Darchdroid question or a general non-Sense question, but I'm having trouble setting up my Yahoo accounts under the email application - it says that username and password are incorrect. Also, I want to set up an Exchange account to sync calendar, but not contacts or email, and I can't find an option for that. Anyone have this issue before?

Davec1234

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Beezy, that worked perfectly. I guess I misinterpreted what the optional google sh*ts was referring to.

I really like the non-Sense UI! Not sure if this is a Darchdroid question or a general non-Sense question, but I'm having trouble setting up my Yahoo accounts under the email application - it says that username and password are incorrect. Also, I want to set up an Exchange account to sync calendar, but not contacts or email, and I can't find an option for that. Anyone have this issue before?

Just get k-9 email all your problems will go away, plus you get a unified inbox if you want.

aaron1981

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dave, but it's going to bug me trying to understand why the native solution won't work. My roommate has a non-Sense phone so I tried setting up my Yahoo email account on there and it works fine. My phone still seems to think the password is wrong though.

Davec1234

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dave, but it's going to bug me trying to understand why the native solution won't work. My roommate has a non-Sense phone so I tried setting up my Yahoo email account on there and it works fine. My phone still seems to think the password is wrong though.

I may be wrong, but I think the native app only works over Sprint(carrier) airwaves. Meaning if you are using over wifi it won't work.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
...So I've been using that DarchKangSlayer whatever for a few days now, and it's nice and all, but I don't think I'm sold on the ADWLauncher. Now, I know that I can just go an download another one from the Marketplace, but that'll take up more memory and isn't there a stock Android ROM that I can put on that doesn't have all of the fancy stuff? I would understand that there maybe isn't because until recently you could just disable Sense UI - but Sprint has blocked that part out now in 2.1.

I like Sense UI better than ADW, and I can't help but think that the reason the ROM I'm using seems faster is because it's hugely overclocked... If I just overclocked Sense UI I think I'd be happier than with ADW. But I don't think that overclocking is the solution here - I would really like to try a stock Android interface.

Any guidance?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There were a few ROMs made on XDA without Sense but based on the prior Sprint 2.1 Leak. Right now the ROM Wiki page is down for some reason, but check it later here: [REF] ALL ROMS | ROOTING | FAQ's | STICKIES | POSTING RULES - Read before posting - xda-developers

I don't think there have been any Vanilla ROMs made based on the latest 2.1 release. If there is, they might be heavily themed and no longer straight vanilla.

**EDit**

You can remove ADW Launcher from /system but you must have a replacement installed before doing so. I don't think the stock launcher is included in the ROM. Since I am currently using the CM6 Froyo build I can't test it out right now - maybe later I will Nandroid back.

Last edited:

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
There were a few ROMs made on XDA without Sense but based on the prior Sprint 2.1 Leak. Right now the ROM Wiki page is down for some reason, but check it later here: [REF] ALL ROMS | ROOTING | FAQ's | STICKIES | POSTING RULES - Read before posting - xda-developers

I don't think there have been any Vanilla ROMs made based on the latest 2.1 release. If there is, they might be heavily themed and no longer straight vanilla.

**EDit**

You can remove ADW Launcher from /system but you must have a replacement installed before doing so. I don't think the stock launcher is included in the ROM. Since I am currently using the CM6 Froyo build I can't test it out right now - maybe later I will Nandroid back.

Thank you for the info - I realized that there were probably a few that I could get from the Market without having to completely flash another ROM. I'm using Launcher Pro Beta and I'm loving it now. My favorite feature so far is how it caches all the scrollable things - that little change alone makes a world of difference in the perception of how fast/laggy your phone is.

So I should be able to just uninstall the ADW launcher now, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech