Anybody Wireless Tether?

adleyh2000

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Just thought i would put how cool i think it is that i finally rooted my phone and can wireless tether for my laptop. I basically have internet connection wherever i get a phone wireless signal. Whoever thought of this should be rich...

--end rant... lol

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's definitely one of the best perks for going root. If only I had this when I was still in school and good access the net whenever I needed to. lol

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
Agreed. If only I would of had an Android phone a few years ago. A had a BB 83xx and a Sprint wireless card. Together over $150/month. Even using PDAnet i still would only manage 120/30Kbps. And it wouldnt always work either. Anything over a 3Mb download would cause the BB to freak out and lockup, requiring a battery pull. Very annoying to say the least

Now my bill is almost half what it was and I have two Heros on my account both able to wireless tether to notebooks.

Most of the time when traveling, I have the phone in my bag and my iPod touch in my hands.

tatonka_Hero

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
it'd certainly be a heck of a lot nicer than using my crappy satellite internet...but my even crappier cell phone signal at home means i've got to use crappy satellite internet instead lol

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Since internet everything is blocked in work i use this ALOT. im there all night long all by myself so why not? Only problem is the phone gets redhot. thats why i started tethering with the wire. now the phone stays charged and its not so hot.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have a mac, you should try WiredTether. I was going to make this app, but this developer beat me. I'm not a skilled Java programmer :/

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've run the script on my phone, and got over 3Mb download as seen here

I Ran the app and didn't get anywhere near that. Reasons? I dunno. I was trying to make the same app, using essentially the same idea. Its using the same script as running the script, so I don't know why my speeds were so much slower

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12