2.2 on the Hero???

shudson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Breezy I've been using your custom ROMS (great stuff), and hoping your putting your talents to good work coming up with a 2.2 version?

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
2.2 is coming but its not quite ready for the masses. if you want to try it, your gps and camera may not work, theres a thread here. personally. id wait a little longer, im sure these guys will have a better rom real soon.

shudson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Yea I'v been using Cyanogenmod 6 Test 4 HeroC for about a week now. Not really any major problems. GPS works fine for me, camera is an issue unless I use camera magic, and market has a force close issue. Other than that it's usable as a daily ROM for me. Battery life is great. I was just hoping someone else is getting close to completion so we all can give a test. Options are always a good thing.

hero992000

May 8, 2010
Visit site
if you go to the thread on xda and click on the web irc link in the first post the new build is at the top of the page thats the only place i found it

RethX

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using test 4 since it came out, I upgraded to RC0 earlier today. (inorder to get it you have to go to the xda thread for test 4, click on the link for webirc, and theres a link at the top of the channel for Cyanogenmod 6 RC0)

Works great, just keep using Camera Magic. :)

aquaboy1976

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I would love 2.2 on my Hero. I have been on the fence about rooting, but may lean more towards it because I want Froyo!
Why is Sprint not putting 2.2 on the Hero anyway?

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would love 2.2 on my Hero. I have been on the fence about rooting, but may lean more towards it because I want Froyo!

The Hero can't even handle all of 2.1, that's why it's missing parts. Like live wallpapers. The Hero just doesn't have the hardware to run 2.1, let alone 2.2.

nfinitefx

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
to many differences in the desire to port but the legend will be the one to port and is getting the 2.2 with sense.
The Hero can't even handle all of 2.1, that's why it's missing parts. Like live wallpapers. The Hero just doesn't have the hardware to run 2.1, let alone 2.2.

this is not true, it will get a breath of new life from 2.2 as it requires less on the system and jit greatly improves performance. between these 2 the hero still has a good bit of life left in it. If you need verification of this fact Just ask beezy how 2.1 and jit combo improves it.

it's not perfect but it is just a bandaid till the port of the legend.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
to many differences in the desire to port but the legend will be the one to port and is getting the 2.2 with sense.

this is not true, it will get a breath of new life from 2.2 as it requires less on the system and jit greatly improves performance. between these 2 the hero still has a good bit of life left in it. If you need verification of this fact Just ask beezy how 2.1 and jit combo improves it.

it's not perfect but it is just a bandaid till the port of the legend.

yes sir it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol