Just about to Root..

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I think I rooted but I accidently clicked on reboot from the screen before doing the nandroid backup.., how can i do the backup or is it too late?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If that doesn't work (as some phones it doesn't... don't ask me why), you can also get to the recovery screen by:
Turn phone off
Hold down volume down and press power/endcall button
when the skateboarding androids appear on the screen, hit the home button.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
yeah goodluck with all that... I've failed at rooting on every attempt. :-( When I got to the point of reading how to convert my sdcard into a gold card to facilitate a rollback I threw in the towel.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
wait, what? You don't need to convert the sdcard into a gold card on the Hero (GSM or CDMA), thats for the Mytouch 3G. Which model of the Hero do you have?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes, saved in SD Card.
Sure.. there actually isn't anything to it once you know the names of the Apps
Load up command prompt (with SDK already installed)
then type:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\
adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/app/
rm APP NAME.apk

Sprint_NFL.apk
Sprint_Nscar.apk
Sprint_TV.apk
Sprint_TVWidget.apk
Sprint_Navigation.apk

They are case sensitive and yes, NASCAR is apparently spelled Nscar

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok I only have a 2g sd card so I want to make sure I save the backup on my pc, as far as removing apps is done thru the command prompt correct? Thanks rufflez

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
on the phone? i have all the apps installed on the pc that I needed to root my phone.., another question I have can I delete the rooting stuff that was put on my sd card when I rooted like the unrevoked thing?

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
1. Apps are sorta on both if you are using a custom rom, otherwise they are in internal memory not on the SD card. You can delete them with astro on the phone itself, but its safer to do it through the SDK (shell).

2. Yes, you can delete all the rooting stuff, but copy it to ur pc 1st just in case you need it. I managed to unroot mine few times accidentally and had to go scrounging because i deleted them.

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What I was wondering was that rufflez asked if i had sdk installed did he mean on my phone or on the pc? I have stock rom for now.
Ok I will copy all the rooting stuff because I know it takes some space of my sd card.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Which part isn't working?
The SDK needs to be installed on the computer. The directions i posted are if you didn't rename it and you have in the C:\ directory, without it being in any folder.
If you haven't already, go to:
Android Developers
and download the sdk, unzip it and cut/paste it to the sdk directory.
Next, Install the Java JDK 32-bit
Next, Install the latest version of HTC Sync, this installs the proper drivers, but don't run the program.
fire up command prompt and try it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv