Apps2sd Question?

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I figure I would try using the Apps2sd thing finally but I just want to clarify things before I do it. Believe me I tried searching for an answer before posting but couldn't find one (or I just didn't understand the others).

If I back-up my sd to computer and then partition my sd in recovery won't that wipe the sd card? I take it I can't do this the same time I am wiping my phone to reinstall a rom since in that case my phone would ultimately be completely blank and would not be recognized by my computer and would not be able to find the rom on my blank sd?

I guess I am just kind of spun around on this maybe I will just wait but if anyone has any clear steps to take I would really appreciate it. I need to re-flash honeybun 420 since I am having some rebooting issues (tried to get away without wiping the last time) so I would be at that point. I am going to wipe phone and dalvik, then run honeybun420 again, which does have aps2sd on it already. Do I wait until I am done with the entire 1st part before I attempt the apps2sd part or should I do it before or at the same time?

One last one, if I do go ahead with it how much to I leave in the ext partition? I only have the original 2gb sd.

Thanks for any and all help, I know I am all over the place here so thanks.

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I figure I would try using the Apps2sd thing finally but I just want to clarify things before I do it. Believe me I tried searching for an answer before posting but couldn't find one (or I just didn't understand the others).

If I back-up my sd to computer and then partition my sd in recovery won't that wipe the sd card? I take it I can't do this the same time I am wiping my phone to reinstall a rom since in that case my phone would ultimately be completely blank and would not be recognized by my computer and would not be able to find the rom on my blank sd?

I guess I am just kind of spun around on this maybe I will just wait but if anyone has any clear steps to take I would really appreciate it. I need to re-flash honeybun 420 since I am having some rebooting issues (tried to get away without wiping the last time) so I would be at that point. I am going to wipe phone and dalvik, then run honeybun420 again, which does have aps2sd on it already. Do I wait until I am done with the entire 1st part before I attempt the apps2sd part or should I do it before or at the same time?

One last one, if I do go ahead with it how much to I leave in the ext partition? I only have the original 2gb sd.

Thanks for any and all help, I know I am all over the place here so thanks.

Yes, partitioning will wipe it (needed for app2sd)

You can partition it from recovery then right after plug your phone and mount your sd (while in recovery) and put the rom on your sdcard and flash then.

tbhuang2

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks toast3d, any recommendation on partition size?

I made my ext2 partition 256 MB. Some people do 512 MB, but personally I don't see how you could find that many apps you like. In hindsight, 128 MB would probably have been fine.
For swap, set it to zero unless you specifically plan on moving your swap file to SD.

Oh, and I noticed you said you'd be using your original SD card.. you should hold off until you get a new Class 6 microSDHC card. For A2SD the recommended speed is at least Class 6 or you may run into problems. So, it may not be a good idea to use the original SD card...

Hope this helps